Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best laid plans up in Smoke!
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

So the long and short of it is sold 2 bikes with the intention of replacing both with a Transition Smuggler frame.
    So take wife to Spinal unit and well the gist of it is she needs 2 MRI scans-£900 quid private or wait 9 months which isn’t an option.
    So best option I have is grab a Trance 29 frame to tie me over.
    Anyone got one give me a quick review.

Clink

Bugger. All the best for your wife. 🙁

Edit – 2014 DW Link Salsa Horsethief any good?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers Clink, the Trance seems to get decent reviews was going to run it on the new Pikes 130mm I bought and hope pro 2 evos on Wtb sti23 rims and 1×10 drivetrain.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

That sounds very expensive for MRI’s
    Cheaper?
    Just make sure whichever consultant you are using gets the views/ detail they need.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Managed to get 2 MRI scans tomorrow night for 600 euros

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Sounds better. Good luck.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers and tons of karma heading clinks way for sorting me out with a frame so I can get out.

DickBarton

Bugger that doesn’t sound good at all…hope your wife makes a very quick recovery. Bit harsh posting a sob story about only managing to get a new bike to tied you over…let’s get your wife recovered first before the less important things make a difference.

Saying that, Trance is a very nice bike so I suspect it’ll do more than just tied you over…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Someone must know a cheaper doctor..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlmECL2ED2I[/video]

nasher
    Free Member

What!!! I had one on my lower back in Sanremo, Italy. 160 Euros.

FOG

I hated my Trance 29 er when I first got it after coming from short travel xc FS but within a couple of months came to love it. It seems to perform just as well as much more expensive bikes my mates have and is a real skills compensator for me . They aren’t in the model line up anymore though so you will be looking at 2nd hand

fudge9202
    Free Member

Heading to Southern Ireland tonight fir 2 MRI scans on the wife’s spine so that’s sorted and bought Clinks Salsa Horsethief split pivot frame to tie me over until bike fund built up again for Smuggler.
    By all accounts the horsethief gets great reviews and with 130mm Pikes on it it should be a nice trail bike.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best laid plans up in Smoke!’ is closed to new replies.