Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best kid friendly trails in the lakes
  • simon80
    Free Member

Going across to the lakes for a few days next week. My 7 yr old daughter is just getting confident bumping up and down kerbs. I want to give her a nice and easy introduction to mountain biking on trails.
    Any suggestions appreciated

martinhutch

Claife Heights with the descent into Near Sawrey past the tarns is a good one. Bumpy in places, but steady with no nasty surprises, and a good test with enough climbing to knacker her out. And top views.

thekettle
    Free Member

The Claife Heights loop is ideal, and can be done from the ‘bike boat’ that departs from Brockhole, or start from Bowness and take the car ferry if you want a boat ride added in. For extra mileage, you can now ride off-road (smooth gravel) from Brathay (Clappersgate) all the way to the car ferry via Wray Castle.

TomB

Out and back along the back of loweswater form the Kirkstile inn end, nice smooth ‘accessible’ track but options to try bits and pieces that are a bit rougher. Then move on to Buttermere and tootle along the back of the lake and back.

gkeeffe

For a seven year old id recommend
    West side of Windermere from the ferry to Wray Castle

Or the tracks alongside the road from clappersgate to Wray castle via pullwoods

I think Claife would be too tough for a seven year old.

simon80
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I’ll look them up, ride a bit and give feedback.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best kid friendly trails in the lakes’ is closed to new replies.