Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best Job sites?
  • sinsir
    Free Member

Been happily employed in the same job since graduating 13 long years ago, but now need to look around. Going to update my CV and “LinkedIn” profile and start looking – but can anyone recommend some good job sites – it’s been so long since I looked that I’m well out of touch.

Any other hints and tips? Feels like I need to visit school careers advisors 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What industry?

Do you want to stay in the same industry or something new?

Can you approach your customers or other companies you have worked with?

Can you spread the word that you are looking without compromising your current position?

Word of mouth is often more successful that job sites. Failing that, just get active on linked in and wait for the head hunters to come calling.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Reed get’s my vote

sinsir
    Free Member

Software Engineer is official job title, never got to meet customers and bit difficult to spread the word given the circumstances – would love to move into a completely different field but tied down financially with mortgage, wife and children etc to pay for 🙂

Word of Mouth is good suggestion, I’ll start chasing up/stalking former colleagues to see if theres anything about.

dannybgoode

Reed for me too. Not only shows the positions they are touting for but also acts as a bit of a Right Move for other job agencies to advertise their posts as well…

kevj
    Free Member

Going to update my CV and “LinkedIn” profile

Just be sure to add ‘looking for new position/ opportunities’ in your LinkedIn profile and hope your boss doesn’t see.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It Jobboard
    Jobsite
    Monster

Larger Agents Reed etc.

soundb0y
    Free Member

I used to to work in recruitment. Jobsite is always the most popular.

Totaljobs, monster, reed, are also worth a look.

If it’s IT there are a number of specific ones such as cwjobs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best Job sites?’ is closed to new replies.