Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best item you have ever got from a Freecycle (or similar) Group?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I have to admit it, I am a bit addicted to getting stuff that I ‘need’ but can’t justify paying for and am pleased to bits to have just got a DeWalt heat gun, Powerbase orbital sander and a McKellen (?) belt sander. All in great condition, all really substantial (ie, look like professional quality, not DIY stuff) bits of kit that should outlive me.

And that’s on top of the mahoosive vice I got earlier this year.

🙂

Gutted to have lost out on at least three leaf blowers though.

iolo
    Free Member

I got a butcher shop’s chest freezer. It was massive and lasted 8 years in my garage.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Tetrad grand sofa, 8 foot wide. Took a week to dry it out as was stored in damp but perfect when dried. Now part of the family and goes everywhere with us 😀

chip
    Free Member

My dog, free to a good home on preloved.

matt_outandabout

Telly.

geoffj

G-Plan round dining table and 4 chairs in mint condition.

alexpalacefan

Chicken house. It turned out to be too big for the car, so I begged the bloke to hold onto it for a day so I could come back in a hired van.
    Which it was also too big for!
    Had to cut the top off and rebuild when I got it home.

APF

butcher

I got a mountain bike. Decent one too, if not a little worn. New set of wheels, chainset, cassette, chain, and a good service….clocked up a fair few miles. It’s now a bit like Trigger’s brush though. Only the stem cap remains, out of respect.

timber

Our dish washer came off the local freestyle. Half our furniture probably has too.

flyingmonkeycorps

Decent amp and speakers. The amp is Acoustic Research and the speakers are old Mission 737Rs from the late 80s when Mission were still good. They’re not the most amazing speakers ever but for free they’re pretty cracking.

nbt

Nothing in that league. Got a water butt that’s in regular use, and a nice person not only have me a drum stool, they delivered it so I didn’t have to collect.

Was given a greenhouse by a neighbour, had to dismantle the glass and move the frame as a single piece, but that want freecycle

Gave away loads when we moved house though. Fridge freezer probably the biggest

richpips
    Free Member

I got an old mini clubman estate for free that I presumed would be a shed. I picked it up and it was a one lady owner minter with a book full of service hstory.

I kept it for a few years until my daughter was born and I realised it wasn’t really suitable for child ferrying duties.

I got ~£2.5 K for it on ebay starting at 99p with no reserve and bought something dull and safe to drive with the proceeds.

johndoh
    Free Member

And Richpips wins!

WOW!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best item you have ever got from a Freecycle (or similar) Group?’ is closed to new replies.