Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best iPhone gps track/waypoint logger?
  • glenh
    Free Member

What's a good app for recording gps tracks and waypoints on the iphone?

I like My Tracks on my android phone. Is there something similar for the wife's iphone?

jam-bo

MotionX is good.

Drac

Cyclemeter, Motion X and Viewranger for starters.

There's loads.

clubber
    Free Member

I've tried most of them…

I use everytrail – best one I reckon overall though MotionX is very good – I decided against motionX in the end because you can only upload to twitter or facebook and I prefer to upload to a website – eg one of my rides: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=696015

One other consideration is that not all do proper background running – MotionX does, some other don't. I've found that background running makes a huge difference to battery life. I used to get to the 20% battery warning (which stopped the tracking) after 3 hrs from a full (3GS) battery before multitasking but now did a 4 1/4 hr ride and was at 38% battery (app running in background)

It also allows photo uploads (which I can use to post pics on here, etc) and video (via Youtube).

Finally as for the route above when I was in France, it allows you to upload maps to the phone so that you don't have to use international roaming (or just if the signal's crap) to check where you are on a map. (IIRC MotionX allows you to do this too though).

I upgraded to the 'Pro' version which IIRC cost £1.29

Pic from the upload site

Jamie
    Free Member

Cyclemeter

^^^^^^^^

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best iPhone gps track/waypoint logger?’ is closed to new replies.