Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best iphone deal
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

My son's contract is up on his current phone and he's after an iphone. He will be fine with an 3g rather than 3gs. Looking for a deal with a free phone for max £30 a month. Seen a few deals but wonder if I'm missing a great deal out there.

One of the deals I have seen gives 500mb of internet access a month, given that we have wi-fi at home and he has it at school then is this enough for browsing.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Have you looked at Tesco. What you need to think is how long you want to be tied into contract. I know Tesco do some blinding deals but you have to pay a bit more up front for the phone, however as you are only locked into a 12 month contract you can then drop onto a SIM only i phone deal with is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper. Or you can get the phone free and pay A LOT more over 24 months. Just a thought that often getting the phone free isn't necessarily the cheapest deal. I don't know specifically about the £30 deals though, I think again though Tesco is the only one that has a £25 deal too.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I've had a look at tesco but can't find an iphone on a monthly tarrif.

allthepies
    Free Member

In about a months time the new iPhone HD will(should) be available (not even announced yet though) and I'd imagine there will be deals on the "old" models at that time.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

0800 00 14 150 they were really good when I phoned just for advice as their website is rubbish!
    OR have look here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-iphone

Jamie
    Free Member

In about a months time the new iPhone HD will(should) be available

….and you would be backing that info up with what exactly? * 😉

*…or is everyone going on June 7th for the WWDC?

cp

unless you can pick up a refurb one from 02 (I know they do them every now and then, but they get snapped up quickly, others may too), then most of the deals aren't significantly different in overall (life) cost – just vary in how much you pay up front compared to monthly payments.

packer
    Free Member

You'd be mad to get one now. The next iphone will definitely be announced on June 7th. Wait and see what the deals are after then. Tesco are cheapest at the moment and probably will be then too.

jam-bo

3g is being discontinued and 3GS prices are being dropped. give it a week or two…

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/05/24/iphone-3g-supplies-begin-to-run-dry-ahead-of-wwdc/

CountZero

In about a months time the new iPhone HD will(should) be available
    ….and you would be backing that info up with what exactly? *
    *…or is everyone going on June 7th for the WWDC?

backing that info up with the fact that Apple release new stuff on a yearly timetable, iPods are in September, and the iPhone gets released at the WWDC which is June 7, which is when OS4 gets released for the iPhone as well. As the iPhone has been released in June for the last three versions, it's a very safe bet. My 3G is being replaced next month, the 3G is already being dropped, the base model will probably be the 16Gb 3Gs, so I would look for deals on that model.

bruk

New OS will not work on 3G, but will on 3GS and that may make a difference depending how long you want to keep the phone for.

Also would then be able to multitask etc.

Don't go for 3G and wait till June like I am.

BigCol
    Free Member

iPhone OS 4 Compatibility
    iPhone OS 4 will work with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and the second- and third-generation iPod touch this summer, and with iPad in the autumn. Not all features are compatible with all devices. For example, multitasking is available only with iPhone 3GS and the third-generation iPod touch (32GB and 64GB models from late 2009).

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I suggest a 4

sharkbait
    Free Member

One of the deals I have seen gives 500mb of internet access a month, given that we have wi-fi at home and he has it at school then is this enough for browsing.

Loads, I’ve gone through a total of 600mb in 18 months and I browse every day (with images switched off though)

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s fine he’s sorted now as the post is 9 months old. Htc desire btw.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best iphone deal’ is closed to new replies.