Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • best inventions…… to help kids sleep?
  • rp16v
    Free Member

mine currentley is a glo worm its GREAT il hear a little wimper or a start of a cry that would normaly have us out of bed then some tunes and…..nothing shes back to sleep great bit of kit for a tenner

the tunes actualy help settle me back down after jumping at the first scream 😆

coolhandluke
    Free Member

A healthy active lifestyle also helps kids sleep.

DrP

Dummy….
    Or a toy called ‘scout’ which plays sleepy/party/learning music depending on which paw you press… the funny thing is hearing my little boy falling asleep (through the monitor) and then some party music playing through as he presses all the paws!

DrP

Hohum
    Free Member

The car

spokebloke
    Free Member

One part Ritalin, one part gin.
    Worth a shot.

rp16v
    Free Member

chl- this kid is nuts she runs around mad at nursrey all day eats loads of fruit/veg/meat drinks nothing but water but cant seem to settle well at night she did have a ruff start that set her back quite allot so nightmares are an option

h/h- cars are great but dont have one anymore

damo2576
    Free Member

Piriton

b1galus
    Free Member

house brick , apply to back of head

djglover
    Free Member

Your mother should have tried that one

Hairychested
    Free Member

Take a pint glass, pour
    100ml tequila,
    100ml gin,
    100ml vodka,
    all at room temperature or warmer.
    Stir and drink in one go. No kid-sleeping problems for the night.

Stoner
    Free Member

Medised Daiquiri.

Edric64
    Free Member

An overdose of Calpol or some Baileys

epicyclo

I used to sing to them. They’d do anything to get me to stop…

montylikesbeer

Drac

Well fed, watered and winded worked for us.

nickc

American motorsports. Really. I’m not kidding. Droney cars, droney commentators, all going round in a big circle, nothing happens for hours at a stretch. Worked every time with my kids when they were younger

monkeychild
    Free Member

Hammer

jonahtonto
    Free Member

Rohypnol. .. .works on. . .oh never mind

Travis

what ever your child becomes dependant on, will be very hard to take away later.
    I just make sure mine doesn’t over sleep in the day, has plenty to do, and then can’t wait for sleep at night.

FuzzyWuzzy

Don’t let them fall asleep during the day, they sleep pretty well at night then…

wwaswas

My kids always slept well if my wife had a couple of glasses of Champagne an hour or two before their last breastfeed of the evening.

br
    Free Member

Blackout blinds

wwaswas

plus what b r said – blackout blinds get them to sleep earlier and make them wake later.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Books.

DezB
    Free Member

We used to rock ours to sleep in one of those little boundy chairs
    “Ooh, I wouldn’t do that or he’ll never sleep without it,” cried the clueless fear-mongers!
    Er, yes he does.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Don’t let them fall asleep during the day, they sleep pretty well at night then…

We don’t find that to be the case – a good routine of naps in the day mean they sleep better* at night too.

*But not for the last 4 nights with teethinzzzzzzzz

TiRed

Puberty helps…Goes to bed later and wakes later, but to be honest, some sleep and some don’t. First one didn’t and second one slept like a log from the start. A good feed before bed helps. I used to see the numbers on the bottle as minutes of sleep I’d get later.

Oh and the first never slept in the day either!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

One of ours is odd – if she has a small bottle (say 100ml) she will sleep through. If she has a larger one (say 200ml) she wakes in the night.

Stoner
    Free Member

I’m odd – if I have a small drink (say 2 pints) I will sleep through. If I have a larger one (say 6 pints) I will either wake in the night needin a giant piss, or sleep like a coma but wake up a bit damp.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

LOL – that has crossed my mind, but she is a little young to need to get up to take a wizz.

mrsflash
    Free Member

definitely agree with M_F, better sleep at night if slept well in day.

GrahamS

What age are we talking about tho?

A newborn should be sleeping for around 15 hours a day.
    A three year old should be down to around 12 hours a day.
    http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/sleep/sleepneeded/

I don’t think they can really get all of that at night.

Travis

yep, ours has a 2 naps in the day, at set hours and has a good sleep at night. Apart from teething and a cold, he’s slept from 19.45 – 7.00 (-5 mins) all the way through from 4month till now (1yr on Friday)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We are at the stage where we are trying to get ours on to one nap a day (17 months).

With some hideous results 🙁

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘best inventions…… to help kids sleep?’ is closed to new replies.