Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best internally routed dropper post?
  • endurogangster
    Free Member

Looking for people’s esperience with internally routed dropper posts? I currently have a normal reverb and would like to change to a internal routed one, options so far are reverb stealth, ks lev integra and thomson covert.

Are any others worth looking at? Is bleeding the reverb a pain once installed? Is the thomson worth the extra wonga?

Tracey

We are running two IR Specialized Command posts in our Enduros. They just work with no faffing about or bleeding including winter in the Peak and summer in the Alps.

Trekster

I am hoping it will be the KS Lev that is going on my new bike 😆
    From research and what I’ve heard/been told it’s the best. Certainly see more Reverb issues posted on here!

honourablegeorge

There’s probably ten times as many people with Reverbs.

Everything else is far more expensive, most of them aren’t available with 150mm travel, or internal routing.

Levs have their own reliability issues, like the internal cable breaking. Fox/Thomson are stupidly expensive.

SirHC

Have run my stealth reverb for just over a year, no issues and not touched since its been fitted.

Tracey

Theres a new IR Specialized Command post going dirt cheap in the Classifieds.

matther01
    Free Member

There’s a new KS integra 30.9 150mm on pinkbike for £180

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Having had a Specialized dropper and a Reverb I would say the Reverb is in a different class. The Spesh post you have to make sure it’s in the right position when you lower it because it only has 2 dropped positions , also it returns like a cannonball if you activate it while not sitting on the saddle . The Reverb just goes where you want it to and comes back up at a much more gentle pace . When I had the Spesh post I often didn’t return it to full height if I was riding undulating stuff as it was a faff to get it back into the down a bit position .

endurogangster
    Free Member

Cheers both I will check them out

goodgrief
    Free Member

I’ve got a Yep Uptimizer and it’s great. Having 155mm travel in the 30.9mm size was key as I didn’t want another KS. It’s at the top end of the price scale but you get what you pay for. If I need to I can speak directly to the guy who designed it. Their customer support has been spot-on so far.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Having had used a Specialized dropper and owning a Reverb I would say the Reverb is in a different class.

Agreed. The remote on the Spesh is excellent, but the post isn’t as good as the remote. The Reverb is just better, in almost every way.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Any experiences with the thomson covert? Though may have to wait until they come down to the same price as the normal thomson one!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best internally routed dropper post?’ is closed to new replies.