Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best insurance for a dirt jumping holiday in New Zealand?
  • trolleydude
    Free Member

Hi everyone, I will be going to Queenstown, New Zealand for six months on a working holiday visa. My plan is to get a job and spend my free time riding the gorge road dirt jumps and the bigger downhill bike parks.

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company/policy, that will completely cover me if I get injured?

Many thanks

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive used these guys before.

check the policy in detail for what you want to do, and if neccessary, get confirmatino in writing of the cover you want.
    http://www.dogtag.co.uk/

hmmm, just checked their terms, and while theres "mountainbiking" I think they might class dirt jumping as "BMX riding – stunt /obstacle" regardless of wheel diamter.

As I said, with these guys or ANY insurer, for a specific high risk cover, get it in writing first.

trolleydude
    Free Member

Thanks, I'll be sure to give them a ring.

Anyone else have any recommedations?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Coyote
    Free Member

I've used these guys, Snow Card, for the last few trips to BC. Only had to claim medical expenses once but they paid up pretty quick.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i used snowcard (i think) for mountaineering a while back.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Best insurance – dont go!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

snowcard got me back from NZ when i broke my back DHing, check exclusion clauses carefully, and discuss with them your needs to be sure.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

BMC were good coverage wise, didn't need to claim but came recommended.

trolleydude
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I'm hearing a lot of good things about snowcard, I'll have to check them out.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Another vote for Snowcard, it's who we recommend to our guests.

I had to make a claim with Dogtag, to be fair they were very good on the medical side of things, but a bit awkward to deal with on other things (e.g. wouldn't pay out for the set of bike kit that got cut off in hospital).

Aidan
    Free Member

I've used Adrenaline insurance. They cover quite a lot (including racing and such if you need it). They accepted a medical bill from me with no quibbles.

trolleydude
    Free Member

Anyone used STA Travel? Just gave them a ring and it sounded like a pretty good deal.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Try:

http://www.sportscoverdirect.com/

I have had quotes off them for climbing before, never used them but they were fairly good price wise.

robidoo
    Free Member

Gorge road dirt looks sweeeeeet!

trolleydude
    Free Member

Haha, yeah it does! Thanks for all the help guys, gonna use snowcard I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best insurance for a dirt jumping holiday in New Zealand?’ is closed to new replies.