Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Best indoor exercise bike?
  • scottquiros-spam
    Free Member

Hi,

Recently I got interested in some sort of cardio equipment I can use while watching educational videos on my PC when ramping up for new tools, etc, I thought a some sort of indoor bike could also really help me boost my caloric requirements.
    I never used any cardio equipment in my gym so I am not sure what the difference between standard cardio equipment, elliptical ones, and exercise bikes that look like this:
    Am I right to assume all of them offer speed adjustments so you can do low intensity and high intensity depending on how fast you cycle? How fast can you go? Or are the elliptical ones force you to move your legs using power so you are burning less calories but easier for other people who don’t want to exert a lot of force?

I don’t have a specific budget but it should be less than $1k. I would appreciate any recommendations on this topic

Thanks. 🙂

BoardinBob

This is the most horrifically brutal thing I’ve ever experienced

http://www.staffsfitness.co.uk/assault-airbike.html?gclid=CPbguavLrM8CFXcW0wodXmMA8w

We just got one in the gym. They did a challenge to see how many calories you could burn in a minute flat out sprint.

I nearly died. It’s not like any exercise bike or spin bike. It’s insanely punishing. it has no free wheel and the resistance isn’t adjustable. So it takes a lot of effort to get it spinning and once it is going, it doesn’t let you slow down. Oh, and your arms are going like the clappers too.

BoardinBob

Reported 🙄

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Best indoor exercise bike?’ is closed to new replies.