Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best HT for around £5-600 please!?
  • tizdazz
    Free Member

Hiya guys!

As per topic, whats the best HT for around £500-£600?

It will be used mostly for XC & a few bike parks/trail centers (Antur Stiniog/Black Mountain/Llandegla/Betws y Coed etc)

Ive been looking at Trek/Scott/GT/Felt/Cube etc but theres a few in that price range so not sure which gives best bang for the buck as they say?

Any help/info much appreciated!

Thanks 🙂

andytheadequate
    Free Member

I’d probably look second hand. Can sometimes pick up a second hand Stanton or Cotic for that sort of money, might be worth keeping an eye out on the classifieds forum.

I know people seem to rate the Voodoo Bizango too, which is roughly £600 I believe.

therevokid
    Free Member

Got an 18″ Ti Inbred with 1 x 10 slx and recons you can have for that
    kind of cash …. ?

stevextc
    Free Member

It will be used mostly for XC & a few bike parks/trail centers (Antur Stiniog/Black Mountain/Llandegla/Betws y Coed etc)

£500-£600 should get you a pretty good used bike but you really need to decide on a main use.

When you say used for XC what level of racing do you anticipate? (or do you mean riding XC type trails?)

An out and out XC bike might be a bit of a job to handle on trail centres and unless your enjoyment comes from blasting round against a stop watch or other competitors likely less enjoyable. On the other hand it will eat easy miles and fire-trails etc….

There is a big difference between a XC race machine and the new generation trail hard-tails. Probably a bigger difference than between a trail HT and short travel Trail FS.

I personally find that I have more fun on a trail specific geometry unless I’m basically riding fire trails… It’s not as fast on a stop watch but I have a bigger grin.

If you get a bigger grin from a stopwatch then obviously the more XC geometry.

bails

Voodoo Bizango from halfords. £600 but you can get 10% off with a British Cycling card (about £30 for a year iirc).

martinh
    Free Member

Another way to gets the best value is to look at clearance deals on last years models from the bigger manufacturers. It’s easier to find reviews for them too

stennah
    Free Member

I’ve a Cotic bfe large Easton wheels, 150mm revs rlt ti forks,xt brakes,slx crank ,xt rear mech for £600 – email me at cagliari5@hotmail.co.uk if interested I’m based in Nottingham

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best HT for around £5-600 please!?’ is closed to new replies.