Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best hotel price site?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Trivago seems a bit off it’s game, any other recommendations

tomhoward

Use any of them to find the hotel you want then ring them direct. I’d be amazed if you don’t get a better/the best price.

Flaperon

Trivago always lie about the prices. Usually going direct to the hotel or calling them if in the UK works out cheapest.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Agoda came up cheapest for me recently.

craig5

I had this issue earlier in the year. All the internet booking sites offer up supposedly cheap deals but I found going direct cheaper. It all depends if you want a specific hotel, room or feature (e.g balcony). If so go direct, If you just want a room use a discount booking site. I had specific requirements which could only be offered by the hotel, and I wanted a particular hotel. The discount booking sites best deals where for mystery hotels. You didn’t know the details of your room or hotel until you had booked it. Because the room/hotel was a big part of the holiday experience for us I wanted to make sure it fitted the bill and didn’t want to take a chance on a mystery room. Going direct was about 15-20% cheaper than full price. You can get cheaper deals but you cant be as picky about your room or hotel.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s becoming public knowledge now that hotel comparison sites recommend the hotels that pay them the biggest commission.

Ring hotels direct or go on their websites; they all use similar algorithms for pricing according to demand so a conversation with a reservations manager can often find you a deal if your dates are flexible. Try to stick to one chain and get a loyalty card, we always use Novotel and my loyalty card gives me further discounts and room upgrades.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

I spoke to a hotel manager (a great western, I think but it wan’t great!). They are all franchises apparently and have to pay booking dot com or whoever it is 15%. So, he said to find a price, then phone the hotel with it and split the difference with them.

edit – more or less what they ^ said while I was distracted mid post 😀

poolman
    Free Member

Always book direct for the best prices, hotels, trains, planes, villa rental. Also, with trains you get better conditions, you certainly do with tp express and you dont pay the 1.50 booking fee. So better product at a cheaper price.

fatmax

I spoke to a hotel manager (a great western, I think but it wan’t great!). They are all franchises apparently and have to pay booking dot com or whoever it is 15%. So, he said to find a price, then phone the hotel with it and split the difference with them.

My mate runs a B&B and he’s happy to meet folk half way when they phone up to haggle. So the customer and he save 5% each on what the websites when they are involved.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I’ve booked a ski apartment in Italy. Direct, it was 1470 euros. booking.com were selling the same apartment, same week at £2500.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best hotel price site?’ is closed to new replies.