Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best home insurance options to include expensive bikes and watches
  • turneround

apologies if this has been done to death but renewal came in today at £100 more than last year (Hastings direct). can any one recommend a good option for changing – got a couple of moots and omegas that need cover under the insurance.
    cheers

wl
    Free Member

Pedal Cover are very well regarded and nice to deal with. I guess you never really know until it comes to making claim though.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Tell me your address and I will let you know who’s cheapest 😉

lunge

I’ve got Direct line, it’s their premium cover, bikes are an add on but it was still cheaper than anywhere else I looked.

turneround

Cheers

turneround

My address is
    24 Grosvenor square
    London

Cheers

the-muffin-man

The NFU are always good for this sort of thing – you probably won’t find them any cheaper though!

FuzzyWuzzy

+1 for Pedal Cover (although as per previous poster I haven’t had to make a claim yet which I guess would be the true test). My premium actually lowered last renewal (no haggling from my side, they just sent through a notification it was due for renewal and did I want to go ahead at £xxx ).

bails

We were with NFU for a year and then moved to pedalcover as they were pretty much half the price.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Call a broker. We ended up with a policy from https://www.coveainsurance.co.uk/products-and-services/high-net-worth/sterlingexecutivehome/

which was cheaper than we’d been paying with M&S before.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Grosvenor Square? Lol

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

+ another 1 for Pedalcover
    I have claimed, in the last year. Paid out very quickly, no quibbling and renewal premium only increased by about £20.

frankconway

Hastings Direct?
    Off topic but a comment about car insurance with them; renewal quote arrived today; +39.8% on current; same car; no claims but recent change of address.
    Call them – you’re having a laugh; we’ll have a look; verbal requote – 50% of proposed renewal premium and c30% lower than current.
    Off to follow the MSE guide and see what’s the best I can get.

NZCol

I’m just looking into this now as having enquired about a possible claim, discovering how sh1t the cover is and then looking at the amount we pay Pedalcover have quoted circa a third for more cover !

Nico
    Free Member

My address is
    24 Grosvenor square
    London

Yeah, right. We all know that is Corporal Flashheart’s address.

Axa for me. Bikes are covered.

meesterbond

We’re with Covea as well – through Larks.
    I had a crash on my Parlee during a race (triathlon actually) and they paid me the full value of the frame, cash within a fortnight.
    They’re not the cheapest, but we tend to use a HNW insurer because our house is really old and of a slightly odd construction meaning none of the high-street names would touch it.

plyphon
    Free Member

I use Home Protect and they seem to be okay – I’ve got my Speedmaster, phones and a few other high value items insured worldwide for a reasonable amount.

Not had to claim, though.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve stuck with Barclays ever since they paid out on my cracked carbon frame damaged whilst riding in a group. Limit might be £2.5k though.

DT78
    Free Member

Pedalcover were very good, I believe its AXA underwriting? Had a burglary just before house move. Paid out with minimal fuss, however wanted to increase the premium by £1000 at the new address.

Ended up with Admiral with slightly worse cover but £400 annual premium.

About to give pedalcover another go as renewal is up – will look at above suggestions.

DT78
    Free Member

Edit – pedalcover can’t quote as had 2 claims in 5 years. May save a few of you some time….

woody25
    Free Member

Just renewed our PedalCover insurance again, quote this year was about £10 less than last year which I don’t think I’ve ever had before. The chap I spoke to on the phone was just so nice, took me though security without ever saying “and now I’ll take you through security”. As an analogy, the whole experience is like dealing with a really good LBS rather than a big shed. I haven’t had to claim yet, but I can say for certain that I would far rather deal with them than any insurer I’ve had in the past.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best home insurance options to include expensive bikes and watches’ is closed to new replies.