Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best home insurance for MTB inclusive cover?
  • failbiker
    Free Member

Wotcha, folks.

First post here. I’ve been leeching information for a while, but have a question I can’t easily find the answer to.

I’d like to tap the collective brain of this forum and ask if anyone has any decent recommendations for UK home contents insurance that would cover my MTB as much as is possible in and out of the house. My current provider seem a bit weak and non-specific on what they would cover and it’s renewal time.

Cheers.

gnusmas

interested to see the replies to this one, i been wandering the same myself. can’t seem to find any decent info about it

mikey74
    Free Member

I currently use M&S, that has previously covered any single item up to £4000, in and away from the house. However, I understand from others on here that they have recently changed their insurance terms and conditions and this no longer applies for new policies.

When it comes to renewal, I will be looking around for other options if my conditions change.

failbiker
    Free Member

Most insurance companies are really vague about what they will and won’t cover. Even after phoning M&S I can’t seem to quite get a straight reply. My bike is almost never left alone, but on the odd ride that I shove it in the car and go somewhere obscure I want to make sure it’s covered if someone nicks it from the car, when I’m having lunch. I normally lock the bike to the car door, but there seems to be some issue over the wording of what counts as a “secure immovable object” apparently M&S are unsure whether a car counts as thus.

dhrider
    Free Member

Mines insured thru M+S on the contents cover.

simon_g

Try Barclays, they don’t include bike cover as standard but it’s cheap to add. They also go by the price of the most expensive bike, which works out well if you’ve got a few but none are hugely pricey.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best home insurance for MTB inclusive cover?’ is closed to new replies.