Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Best holiday destination on NE coast of USA?
  • velocipede
    Free Member

We’ve booked flights to New York in August and flights home from Boston 16 days later – original plan was to have a few days in NY, then drive to Stowe in Vermont, spend a week there, then have a few days in Boston before flying home.

The top and tail parts are fine, but we’re having second thoughts on Stowe….

Any suggestions??

Ideally somewhere where we can hire bikes and get a few pleasant rides in….nice towns, nice trails, etc?? Al within, say 5 hours of NY and similar-ish Boston??

coogan
    Free Member

Probably not suit the biking side, but Chicago is an awesome city.

Creaky

I spent some time in that part of the world a few years back and I have to say that I’m struggling to think of anywhere that’s got all you want. A lot depends on what type of and how much riding you are looking for. North Conway in New Hampshire is one possibility but it’s probably a bit over 5 hours drive from NYC and a week might be stretching it a bit unless you want to go hiking or rock climbing. Cape Cod, Massachusetts might be worth a look and is close to Boston. There’s supposed to be plenty of cycle path riding but it won’t be mountain biking. You can definitely hire bikes from Idle Times Bike Shop. The owner is a friend of mine!

ocrider

I’ll being doing a similar thing as the OP in July, but ignoring NY.
    Starting off in Boston for a few days, followed by Maine for much jollity and cheap lobster. We may head up to the Akadia national park, but it’s more for walking than bikes. It’s very limited apart from cheeky trails, unless you are into that all-American niche of gravel roads.
    On the way back to Boston we are going to spend 2 days at Highland to quench the 2 wheeled urges. It’s less than 2 hours from Boston and reportedly the best place in the Northeast, but very much as an uplifty downhilly, bikeparky way. Still, it looks good and different enough to make a holiday even better!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Best holiday destination on NE coast of USA?’ is closed to new replies.