Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Best hardtail frame for DH type riding?
  • trevron73
    Free Member

97 beast of the east ,bomber z1 forks upgrade to Hs33 brakes ,retro fit a dropper post and crank bros iodine 11 saddle ,you wanna ride ? its light, tight and not skitty ,if only i could get some rim brake specific hard core jump wheels ,we nearly there brothers

messiah
    Free Member

Messiah, is the welding around the ISCG tabs a bit “agricultural” on your Troof? Mine has the look of something that I’m sure functions well but it looks a bit naff.

Yes, not a thing of great beauty and it looks a funny way to do it with one of the bolt holes set into the down tube, but it is a huge tube and it seems to works fine. I did have to remove the bottom bracket spacer from the drive side and pop it onto the other side to get it all to line up with the E13 LG1+. It’s not something I think about now the bike is built and being ridden… enjoy!

crocodilian
    Free Member

Cool, I did think that it’s probably fine and once the guide’s on there I won’t give it any more thought.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Blower
    Free Member

Ragley Bagger or Troof i’d say miself..

SidKillerest
    Free Member

What’s wrong with a BFe?
    The last one I saw had about an 85 degree head angle! 😆

catvet
    Free Member

Production prive Shan v rare v special.

RobHilton
    Free Member

What’s wrong with a BFe?
    The last one I saw had about an 85 degree head angle!

You talking about this bad boy?
    I’m telling you the short wheelbase makes it proper flickable :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This was not JRA! They are proper strong frames; I’m just proper stupid :mrgreen:

prezet
    Free Member

**** ‘ell – what’d you do to it?!

watsontony
    Free Member

norco hardtail rock. like manik squantash few others nearly the same

nedrapier

Is toe overlap an issue on that, Rob, or do you just get used to pedalling to suit?

RobHilton
    Free Member

**** ‘ell – what’d you do to it?!

Bike/tree interface error :mrgreen:

Is toe overlap an issue on that, Rob, or do you just get used to pedalling to suit?

If you’re pedalling & turning the handlebars at the same time you’re doing it wrong. As you can tell from the above, doing it wrong is my field of expertise…

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Another recommendation for the BTR here. I saw/rode one with Burf piloting it at UKBP a few months back. Amazing frame! It looks amazing with the retro boxxers on it. He was absolutely flying on it..like he was on a susser.

If i had £600 for a H/T id have one.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Best hardtail frame for DH type riding?’ is closed to new replies.