• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gren.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best hard wearing shorts ?
  • emac65
    Free Member

My shorts used to last ages, but over the last few years I seem to be getting through 3-4 pairs a year, does anyone make a pair of decent priced hard wearing shorts these days ?

PS Just ordered another pair of Hummvees to see me through for a bit….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Madison Addict, features a handy waterproof section at arse crack. Bombproof.

fingerbang
    Free Member

wow you’re hard on your shorts (fnar fnar)

my favourite shorts after 7 years and still going strong are TLD XC shorts, they got ripped in a crash in 2009 and are still in decent nick.

i’ll get another 7 years out of them easy. there’s no wear at all on the seat at all. it just doesn’t make sense

I’ve just checked CRC and they don’t sell Troy lee xc any more – but they must have an equivalent out

jam-bo

i’ve got some sombrio shorts that are about ten years old and some dakine ones that are five years old.

mudsoul
    Free Member

Sombrio Pinner shorts (or similar models they make) are very well made. Altura Mayhems, on the other hand, are not. The stitching will come undone after 5-6 rides.

Northwind

My Altura Mayhems that I got free from a mag subscription seem impervious to wear and damage. Slightly weird boxy cut but they’re ace, I ended up buying 2 more pairs

ahwiles
    Free Member

Endura Zyme. they feel a bit like denim, really really thick denim.

PS Just ordered another pair of Hummvees to see me through for a bit….

why?

they’re baggy, but they’re not sturdy.

nedrapier

anyone got the Endura Singletrack lite shorts? Bit of a derail as they’re “lite”.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I have a pair of Sombrio (not sure of the model) but they’ve lasted ages and are only just showing wear to the bum.

I bought two pairs of Intrepid shorts at Christmas and they look and feel like they’ll last ages. Downside is that they’re not cheap unless they’re in the sale.

binners

Sombrio are the best made stuff by a country mile. They last for ages. They’re uber-comfy too!

They’re not cheap, but you get what you pay for

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Humvees here, keep meaning to replace this pair, they’ve done 6 years including 9 months continious use when touring.

Fly’s half worn, and I’ve torn a rear pocket, but other than that…

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Had my Ground Effect shorts for a decade now,pocket zips are bust but that’s the only failure

emac65
    Free Member

why?

they’re baggy, but they’re not sturdy.

I know, & did say I was buying ANOTHER pair to see me though. At the moment I have no shorts without the arse torn out…..

Thanks for the replies, I’ll go have a look around 🙂

medoramas
    Free Member

I found Endura products to have good… endurance!

2nd year on my Humvees (the liner went after 7 months of hard work), no sign of wear on them!

gren
    Free Member

Endura Singletracks seem bulletproof for me. Current set are 3 years old and nothing wrong with them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best hard wearing shorts ?’ is closed to new replies.