Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best handlebar tape (non sticky)
  • turneround

anyone got any suggestions for tape with non glue backing.

njee20
    Free Member

Just don't peel the tape covering the adhesive off!?

turneround

man, you are the man, thats if your a man

clubber
    Free Member

Not sure if that's a sarcastic response or not turneround but if it is, actually I agree with njee – it's what I do and it works perfectly allowing you to take the tape off whenever you want.

eddie11
    Free Member

cinelli gel tape. has a gel on the back like you get on cycling short legs. Grips the bar very well when its all wrapped up a the end taped. Longer than normal cinelli tape as well so good for 44-46cm bars.

turneround

no sarcasm intended…just mad i didnt think of it myself!!

turneround

oh, opted for the tape that sounds like a make of beer, astronazzi or something…guy at GBcycles knew what i meant!!

ourmaninthenorth

Whereas my cinelli tape has just come loose on bend from tops to hoods, making me wish for some double sided tape just to secure it….

JoeNation
    Free Member

Bontrager tape is amazing. Never used the Cinelli gel tape; their self-adhesive is pretty good, but the Bonty stuff gives a smoother wrap.

alpin
    Free Member

i gaffer taped up the loose bits on my bike. looks a right mess, but i'm happy.

rob1984p
    Free Member
    breatheeasy
    Free Member

Specialized to something called Phat Wrap – mine hasn't got any glue on the back, just a bit of gel that stops it slipping about and pretty comfy too on the CX/road bike.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Bontrager.

Gary_M
    Free Member

turneround the tape you're talking about is stella azzurra eleganza, used it on my commuter and I've just replaced it after almost 2 years use.

Switched to fizik tape just for a change and I'm very pleased with that too.

Either can be used without taking off the backing tape. Not sure why you want to do that though – brake/gear cables usually last as long as bar tape so I just change the cables and tape at the same time..

clubber
    Free Member

I use Cinelli carbon effect tape – not because it's carbon effect (though it does look quite nice) but because it lasts forever (so long as you don't rip it in a crash). Mine has been on my bike for about 4 years with several wrap/unwraps. Because it's not a cork-like finish, it just doesn't tear even if you do use the adhesive tape.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best handlebar tape (non sticky)’ is closed to new replies.