Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • best GPS / O.S. map device
  • sefton
    Free Member

I’m looking to get back into more trail riding.

whats the best GPS / O.S. map device to help solo rides into new trails?

had a quick look at the Garmin etrex

jambalaya
    Free Member

Phone and OS Maps subscription is a good backup fyi. I use it as my main nav tool along with paper map / print out out (OS Maps allows that). Not as convenient obviously as dedicated gps device on the bars.

plyphon
    Free Member

fighting the good fight jambalaya 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Did I mention how much I love OS Maps 🙂

jb72
    Free Member

Etrex 20x will take OS maps. Free Talky Toaster maps work well on mine.

buckster
    Free Member

This is quite good fun; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atlogis.sovietmaps.free. Not sure if its on IOS

dovebiker

IME screen size is important is you’re actually trying to map read / navigate or simply following a pre-loaded trail. Also, anything with a rechargeable battery will be lucky to last beyond 10hrs unless you use an external source. I’ve got a Garmin 800 which is OK as a bike computer for pre-loaded routes but use an Oregon 600 for multi-day rides and need to navigate.

dovebiker

IME screen size is important is you’re actually trying to map read / navigate or simply following a pre-loaded trail. Also, anything with a rechargeable battery will be lucky to last beyond 10hrs unless you use an external source. I’ve got a Garmin 800 which is OK as a bike computer for pre-loaded routes but use an Oregon 600 for multi-day rides and need to navigate.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘best GPS / O.S. map device’ is closed to new replies.