Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best GPS for following uploaded routes?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Is?
    Planning a bit of touring, and just want something I can upload a file too, and follow…

scotroutes

I think they pretty much all do this. Do you have any other specific requirements? e.g. – I like something that uses AA batteries because I can recharge them or buy as I go. I also prefer a touch-screen to buttons and a larger screen. For those reasons, I opted for an Oregon 600.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Good points Colin, batteries, and ease of use… And a decent size screen…

therevokid
    Free Member

Lots of audaxers swear by the garmin etrex ….

scotroutes

Oregon then 😆 I did use a Dakota much prefer the larger screen of the Oregon.

Although not marketed at the cycling user per se, it will also record HR, Cadence and all that stuff.

samuri
    Free Member

The garmin edge 200 is basic but utterly bomb proof. You’d probably prefer something with more functionality but honestly, for the simplicity of uploading a route into it and then following it on a little screen, can’t be beat.

It does a little angry beep when you go off course and then a happy little chirp when you’re back on it. All it shoes is the route though, no map, no graphics.

I love mine, I’ve used it for each of the 100 climbs I’ve done, trust it totally.

firestarter
    Free Member

Nick garmin edge tourer looks good and 15% off at halfords. Plus 3% quidco plus 10% bc member discount. Just picked mine up. Not opened it up yet tho. £141 all in for the special edition bundle 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best GPS for following uploaded routes?’ is closed to new replies.