Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • best gear cable set for around £15 – anyone seen any good deals?
  • sefton
    Free Member

its for a cyclocross bike that will be raced.

something like the jagwire ripcord (but a little cheaper

I have seen this which looks similar? http://www.xcracer.com/shop/viewproduct.php?productid=94

mulacs

Mudlovers? Little bit over but pretty good IMHO…

austy
    Free Member

Can’t remember how much they were but I have some jagwire ripcord on my bike for about three years and still shifting smoothly can’t rate them highly enough, ridden all year round.

dickie
    Free Member

Second Mudlovers – full length inner tube to keep it sealed.

p8ddy
    Free Member

I bought Selcof brake cables (compressionless, same idea as Jagwire brake cables) and I’m pretty happy with them. 1/2 the price of Jagwire and similar performance. Good quality cables.

I got mine from On One, ordered at 12, were with me at 10am next day.

I know that I’m referencing brake cable rather than gear but quality is comparative to Jagwire on a like for like basis.

binners

I’ve just ordered some Mudlovers from Merlin this morning. Better to run fully sealed in the usual year-round filth in our part of the world

sefton
    Free Member

got some jagwire racer gear / brake kit £26

going to go all out with heat shrink and rubber grubs seals

where can I get cable grub seals like these

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’ve bought the jagwire racer kits before but being a serial bike fettler, £26 a time is quite an expensive extra when changing bars.

Anyone recommend anything cheaper for a full set? (brakes and gears)

Or should I just get down my LBS and buy some off a roll like I used to do as a kid?

d45yth
    Free Member

Mtbtomo – buy Shimano sp-41 in 10m rolls and use any cheap stainless inners?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Where’s the best place to get a roll then?

I’d like to get a roll of brake cable too.

mucker

Get some middleburn oilers, cheap, very effective and re-usable. Truly the most unassuming piece of kit you can buy, they just work.

Here

rp16v
    Free Member

the clarks full outer kits from halfords are about £10 and theyre teflon coated cables fully recomend them

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘best gear cable set for around £15 – anyone seen any good deals?’ is closed to new replies.