Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best fullsus AM / freeride 160mm with lockable front and rear shocks???
  • pierrepechon
    Free Member

Getting distracted by sheer number of choices

I ride llandegla and bike park wales, 7 stanes and cwm carn type I.e. I love up hill and down

Anyone recommend a solid full sus with lockable front and back shocks and a seat dropper?

POSTED

bikeneil
    Free Member

I guess it all depends on how you define ‘best‘.

eulach

Is there a special reason why you need to have lockout on the suspension?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Whatever you build yourself that does those things you want it to do…

pierrepechon
    Free Member

Like the lockable sus for climbing

scaled
    Free Member

Scott genius might just qualify for AM, descends like a beast and climbs like a spark.

2 of my mates have them and love the lockout in the bars. I think its a dtswiss nude 2 shock

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lockable for climbing? A properly set up modern shock, like a Fox CTD, doesn’t need a lockout. Lockout is for hybrids.

rickon
    Free Member

As above. What you actually want is a bike that descends well and climbs very well too.

A lockout is a particular solution to a particulat problem. With rear suspension is the lack of a linkage that reduces pedal bob. With the front end its bad geometry.

Pick a bike with good geometry and good suspension design e.g. Giant Maestro, Trek ABP, Dwlink.

Or pick a bike with simple design like Orange 5, Santa Cruz Heckler. All single pivot, with the bonus of cheap maintainece. But they need a shock with a platform, like fox Ctd.

Scott Genius is a single pivot with lots of bearings. In my mind, thats the worst of both worlds.

All bikes can climb well, its more down to overall geometry. You just need to figure out your priorities, is it the most fancy suspension design, or simple and cheap maintainece?

Then, find your favourite colour and price. Then find a match.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

My Spitfire has a CCDB with CS, so don’t need lockout on the rear and it climbs well. My X-Fusion Sweep does have a lockout but I’ve never used it yet as I don’t see the need when climbing

pierrepechon
    Free Member

Any difference in ride between an orange five type single pivot and something like a sc bronson? A difference that a kern amateur would notice. I mean?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

pierrepechon – Member
    Any difference in ride between an orange five type single pivot and something like a sc bronson? A difference that a kern amateur would notice. I mean?

The entire way the suspension moves, works and feels. The stiffness of the frames and probably a few other things. I’m guessing by freeride you mean jumping some stuff not launching into canyons in Utah?

How much money do you want to spend?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best fullsus AM / freeride 160mm with lockable front and rear shocks???’ is closed to new replies.