Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best free malware removal for 'cleanup antivirus'
  • dan74
    Free Member

Anyone had any trouble with this bogus cleanup antivirus and wot free malware remover to sort it
    Cheers

tootallpaul

Try malwarebytes. And follow it up with Avast on a boot time scan…

From Paul (Currently battling computer viruses daily in Sunnny Ethiopia)

bruneep
    TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Sure have if you mean XP 2010 or a variant with a similar name, got on my daughter's netbook and its removal is a bit more involved than usual

This works if you follow the instructions, renaming bit is most important

Removal instructions

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

+1 malwarebytes.

I'm trying to recall a forum i used for advice – it was superb but the name escapes me. Will post again if i recall it.

I remembered: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html – it's important to go through the preparation guide that they provide. Outstanding help tho'.

dan74
    Free Member

Nice one guys
    It's on my dads pc (who know where he picked it up from) 😳
    Tried avast first but will give malwarebytes a whirl
    Cheers
    Dan

dawson

+2 for malwarebytes

@HeathenWoods – bleepingcomputer.com?

dawson

haha – ninja edit from HW

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

ninja edit from HW

heh. and now i understand why you 'repeated' bleepingcomputer lol 😀

mboy
    Free Member

Another Malwarebytes devotee here…

Had been using AVG for years without worry, when a trojan of some descript buggered up my computer and put it into a constant reboot cycle (it wouldn't boot the OS from the C: Drive, just kept rebooting!).

Downloaded Malwarebytes on another computer as recommended by a friend, booted up first computer via the OS disc into safe mode, installed Malwarebytes, ran it, and hey presto, sorted it right out! Yup, it got all the crap out that AVG had missed!

So AVG went out the window…

Also I use Comodo for its firewall now, which came highly recommended also.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I recently got attacked by malware (serves me right for using a torrent and being dumb enough to run an executable, not sure what came over me!) but it took nearly a week to get rid of it. The malware blocked all antivirus and malware URLs, preventing the use of most of the major ones unless I could get them onto it without a web connection. The only one it left running was the microsoft site, which cleared it fine. Superspyware didn't even detect it, let alone clear it.

davidrussell
    Free Member

aye, the malware these days is crafty. i had to rename the malwarebytes exe to get it to install. good fun getting rid of some of this sh!t though, despite the fact its a mammoth pain in the ass.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Microsoft Security EssentialsAnd if you are using a Windows based computer there is no harm in installing the MS Security Essentials. Free and generally pretty unintrusive.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best free malware removal for 'cleanup antivirus'’ is closed to new replies.