Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Best Forum Thread of the year?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My fave bit from the logo thread…

iain1775
    Free Member

Definately the adult balance bike one really want to see it finished
    Spoons and Tupperware disc brake modifications also kept me entralled waiting for next instalment
    Sierra cycling thread for customer service
    The chain reaction credit card fraud one I started was not the most exciting but worthy of note for warning the cycling community in general and going way past just this site

Kevevs
    Free Member

the best ones are where people get all uppity and shouty and right-on about stuff or that get locked down, or when people get banned because they said something like they would in real life. I like them the best – the ones where it’s like watching a car crash.

Scamper
    Free Member

Any thread where a Big Hitter gets owned 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh yeah, what was the thread with all those TJ Amageddon tags in..i loved those tags..

Kevevs
    Free Member

MSP has it. That’s a classic.

outraged
    Free Member

the one with some graphic designer trying to convince everyone that you needed hours of focus groups to come up with a logo – then someone posted up the logo he copied from!

Kevevs
    Free Member

oh yeah, that was a blinder. Damn, it’s not an easy decider.. might have to be a poll.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Lol that was mine – except I hadn’t copied it, just came up with a similar solution.

So there. 🙂

Hobster
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

what about the one where the guy whined about his image being ripped off and then 1000 hilarious versions got posted up.

Or any of my Franekenbike threads.

thegreatape
    Free Member

That was badger wasn’t it, years ago?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The one with the flying bike with a rainbow spewing out of its arse. I chuckle every time I see that image.

lowey

The culmination of Bullheart’s cancer Thread.

The long trip to cape wrath that one of the guys did (was it 13thfloormonk?)

The california trip where the guy rode with jo Breeze I think.

cynic-al
    Free Member

MF has if, genius

chakaping
    Free Member

Links please for those of us who may have missed said threads.

Not that you’ll change my mind, the Sierra Cycling thread was better than EastEnders. Best thing ever on the internet, apart from Beedogs of course.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to pick a negative thread, but in terms of outstanding posts for me Kiwidave’s long post about his experiences as a tour guide was as good as any magazine article.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

in terms of outstanding posts for me Kiwidave’s long post about his experiences as a tour guide was as good asbetter than any magazine article.

FTFY

Jamie
    Free Member

The one with the flying bike with a rainbow spewing out of its arse. I chuckle every time I see that image.

©Mrs Toast.

Click pic for linky goodness.

Kevevs
    Free Member

jamie that’s amazing lol! must have missed that one. haha.

chakaping
    Free Member

nice pic, what is it illustrating though?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Wasn’t that thread about some chap wanting a logo in black?

Jamie
    Free Member

nice pic, what is it illustrating though?

Click pic for linky goodness.

😐

Kevevs
    Free Member

I think it’s so much better without an explaination and just a standalone image for what STW stands for righteous and true *thumbs up*

kimbers
    cynic-al
    Free Member

proper LOLs at that thread.

EDIT (the graphic designer/MrsToast one)

druidh
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    in terms of outstanding posts for me Kiwidave’s long post about his experiences as a tour guide was as good asbetter than any magazine article.
    FTFY

+1

simonralli2
    Free Member

If there were any justice in the world Mrs Toast’s picture should at least have made it into the STW calendar!

Kevevs
    Free Member

anyone gonna collate the results?

Stoner
    Free Member

+1 for kiwidaves post

Kevevs
    Free Member

1. Flying Rainbow MTBer
    2. There’s this girl

iDave
    Free Member

I prefer threads like stoners shed/eco-heating-PV-saga and macmoonters woodpile/shed on stilts/log-splitter etc which I have no practical need to be interested in but which make the world seem a little less vile, though I have to battle a certain degree of locational/resource envy.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

the one when someone mentioned a 29er and then everyone just re- ran the same agenda from the previous 29er thread???????

aracer
    Free Member

I have no original thought, but of those mentioned, Sierra Cycling/KiwiDave and Asky Man stand out for me. Doubtless there is a significant bias towards more recent threads – any nominations from January?

cynic-al
    Free Member

pop larkin – Member
    the one when someone mentioned a 29er and then everyone just re- ran the same agenda from the previous 29er thread???????

Numerous 29er threads fit this bill,and million of other repeat each other!

Stoner
    Free Member

Im flattered iDave.

In response Id like to announce that Ive lost 4Kg in 6wks on the iDave diet. But I dont advocate iDiet threads for thread of the year. Oh noes. 🙂

rickmeister

Remember the “Have you ever woken up in someone elses wee”thread..?

jwt
    Free Member

Pete’s Gaff / Bullheart thread.
    Got quite emotional here and there.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The surf matt flounce was pretty awesome

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Best Forum Thread of the year?’ is closed to new replies.