Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best forks for general riding on hardtail
  • GEDA
    Free Member

So what are the lightest, cheapest, easiest to fix 20mm 130mm forks going at the moment? Could be second hand or new. They would be for a Dialled Prince Albert that rides around the woods and trails so needs to be good with roots and stiff. The biggest drop they will do is about 5 foot if I could find it.

xc-steve
    Free Member

pike no explanation needed…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Revs or rebas. Depends if you want 140mm or 120mm both air and maxle lite.

richc
    Free Member

Easy question, 2nd hand Pike’s or new Revelations.

GEDA
    Free Member
    jae
    Free Member

agreed,coil sprung pike is the possibly the most reliable fork on the market…..who’d have thot id have said that 3 years ago!
    but an old 2003+ marzocchi Z1 freeride is a trusty old dog if you can find one cheap!

darrell
    Free Member

and they are bobbins

get some vanillas

richc
    Free Member

2nd hand pikes then as they seem to go for around £200 at the moment, and the Revelations are pretty much the same as the 2008 Air Pikes.

Don’t bother with 2nd hand Vanilla’s unless you put back a couple of hundred quid for new stanchions, do a search for all the Fox problems on here. They are barely fit for purpose and need a service/relube every 15 hours of riding.

GEDA
    Free Member

I have some 2005 Z1’s at the moment. Just window shopping and wondering what the Pikes/revs were like.

richc
    Free Member

I went from Z1 FR Airs (silver without a bolt thru) to Pikes 454 U-turn airs, and the Maxle alone was worth it.

They are very nice forks, and if you make the jump you won’t regret it.

heihei

Rode my mates’ PA with Pikes on last night – most excellent. Ridden at 140mm and he seemed to climb pretty well too.

xc-steve
    Free Member

I had z1 freeride2’s to pikes, the first thing I liked about them before I even rode them was putting my front wheel in there are little notches to hold it in place while you put the axel through the wheel genius! Also the Maxxal is tool free.

Felt nicer and lighter and require the same amount of maintenance as the z1’s… as in none!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best forks for general riding on hardtail’ is closed to new replies.