Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Best Five Ten deals, or other shoes?
  • craig24
    Free Member

Finally need to get myself some decent trainers for on the bike. Anyone know of any good deals on Five Tens? Or anything else I should be looking at? Heard the Shimano ones are good but not sure on the look of them.

tang
    Free Member

Rock and Run often has deals on 5.10

mucker

I got a cracking deal on 5,10 hi impacts from bike-discount.de, which is now gone but the lo-impacts here
    http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/five-ten-impact-low-mtb-shoes-128505/wg_id-89
    seems a pretty good price.

chorlton
    Free Member

Addidas Terrex Trail Cross have been mentioned on here a couple of time. I fancy a pair of them myself.

craig24
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll have a look round.

mactheknife

What size of feet are you Craig. I have a load of stuff going on the classifieds at the weekend and I have a pair of teva links. Size 8 in grey.

loddrik
    Free Member

I fancy a pair of Adidas Terrex Solo. Have stealth rubber soles and are on sale on Bergfreunde. Wouldn’t be seen dead in most 5 tens but the Adidas look great.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I have 5 tens and the adidas terrex trail shoes. The adidas feel lovely just like trainers but with a stiffer sole. The stealth rubber is a touch harder than 5 ten version but I have a 2008 5 ten shoes so it may be the same now. The adidas also dry well and don’t feel heavy. Bonus is I don’t look like I wear “special” shoes. My 5 tens are used for winter riding now.

craig24
    Free Member

The Adidas look nice, little expensive though.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just bought a pair for £57, seems pretty resonable.

jonnym92

Depends on size by Cycle Surgery selling off the impacts.. only got a few sizes left.
    here

craig24
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    Just bought a pair for £57, seems pretty resonable.

Where from? Every I seen they were £90 +

Ioneonic

Newer Adidas Terrex Solo have mixed sole of Stealth and Traxion. Mainly Traxion over the pedals. Anyone know how sticky they are?
    http://www.adidas.co.uk/terrex-solo-shoes/AF5965.html
    Ideally to order from the adidas site to take advantage of 15% off first order plus quidco plus free returns….They don’t seem to sell the all Stealth soles any more.

I’m currently using Salomon XA Pro 3D GTX Trail Running Shoes with Saint flat pedals but they slip off quite a bit in the wet. Mainly on the road. New build planned with DMR V12 Magnesium and I want a grippier sole.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Depending on your foot size, the Sombrios are pretty good. I find the grip is up there with 5 10’s but they dry much better and don’t absorb water at an alarming rate like my Freeriders do.

I picked my Sombrio’s up for £20 from CRC.

loddrik
    Free Member

I must have bought a different model Solo then as these are the ones I got, they have a full Stealth sole.

Craig – from Bergfreunde. They are a German site but do free postage to the UK. Bought mine yesterday and they should be here by Thursday.

VanHalen

pretty sure the Addidas trail cross ones are the bike ones you want. they look mint. and expensive!

dlr

I bought a pair of 510 low impacts a few months back to replace my old won ones, same size/style but they were about 5mm narrower so no good. Thought I was going mad till I measured them. Annoying as I’ve had a couple of pairs now and used to fit nicely.

davosaurusrex

Think the ones you have are approach shoes loddrik (not entriely sure what that means, hill running maybe?), not to say they won’t be good on the bike though. Where did you get them for £57?

Trail cross are the bike ones as you say Van Halen, new colours look better than last year;

http://www.adidas.co.uk/terrex-trail-cross-sl-shoes/AF5967.html

Fancy a pair when my 2FOs give up, not much sign of that yet though

andysredmini
    Free Member

Have a look at the non bike specific 5.10s like the camp 4. They are less “special” looking than the bike ones and in my experience better lasting. I’m still using a pair that are over 8 years old and probably have another 8 years left in them. They dry quickly too unlike most of the bike ones. I do find them too grippy with some pedals though.

asbrooks

Those Mid top Sombrios look nice. Although I’ll never be able to wear them on the bike. Won’t want to get them muddy 😀

craig24
    Free Member

Only got white left in my size 😯

asbrooks

Teva links look good too!

Teva Links

£29.99 here!

craig24
    Free Member

asbrooks – Member

Teva links look good too!

Teva Links

£29.99 here!

Only got a 6 left I’m afraid.

loddrik
    Free Member

Think the ones you have are approach shoes loddrik (not entriely sure what that means, hill running maybe?), not to say they won’t be good on the bike though. Where did you get them for £57?
    Trail cross are the bike ones as you say Van Halen, new colours look better than last year;

Yes I did but that was deliberate. They have the full Stealth sole which was what I was after. They just looked the nicest to me.

Kamakazie

The Terrex approach shoes are aimed at climbers, hence the super grippy sole and rubber over the toe.
    The ‘approach’ is to the climbing crag.

£57 is an utter bargain for them, only just bought an alternative for general walking / approach use but would have snapped those up at that price! I was evening looking for deals a few weeks ago and couldn’t see any.

craig24
    Free Member
    Kamakazie

Thanks Craig I found them and had a look after my post. None in my size either.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Best Five Ten deals, or other shoes?’ is closed to new replies.