Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Best films you've seen at the cinema so far this year?
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Honestly, so far I think it’s actually Zootopia. Deadpool was ok, but a bit of a letdown, Bourne didn’t live up to the hype. I took my nieces to Zootopia, and laughed my arse off through most of it. 100% passed the 6 laugh test.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY73vFGhSVk[/video]

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Embrace of the serpent. It may just be the best film I’ve ever seen.

Garry_Lager

Not seen a grown-up film at the cinema for ages – Kung Fu panda 3 probably the best we saw this year but would rate it the weakest installment. Also thought the angry birds film was miles better than it had any right to be – pretty funny.

Secret life of pets went down well with the kids but not an absolute smash – seemed to lack something. The BFG was really quite bad – Dad, why is this film so long?

nwill1
    Free Member

So funny…I was about to say Zootopia! Took my daughter recently…top Disney film!

BigJohn

At the mainstream cinema it was Hail Caesar. At the gentleman’s special interest cinema I was more interested in the audience participation.

BoardinBob

The Big Short

globalti
    Free Member

Cinema? I haven’t been to the cinema since they turned them into restaurants where irritating people eat and make phone calls.

nickc

Enjoyed Ghostbusters. Proper summer movie, and a cool reboot of the original.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Globalti, when was that and how do you know if you’ve not been?

Star Wars and Star Trek were both ok if you like that sort of thing, which I do.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This year? Think it’s only been the big short and Deadpool this year, both fantastic films.

binners

The genius that gave us Despicable Me proved that they could do no wrong. Psychotic gangster rabbit anyone…?

There seems to be so much more imagination going into kids films nowadays, compared to the lazy comic book crap, half-arsed remakes and ‘franchises’ (i ****ing HATE that expression!!!) that the adult film world seems to consist of. The Big Short was good. Mrs Binners suggested going to the piccies the other night. We had a look and there was absolutely nothing worth watching.

manmurray

Enjoyed Star Wars and Star Trek, but saw Victoria on a whim and thought that was great.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

globalti – Member

Cinema? I haven’t been to the cinema since they turned them into restaurants where irritating people eat and make phone calls.

ok…

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I really liked Midnight special , reminded me of early Steven Spielberg sci fi

muggomagic

Deadpool for me. I was hoping that Finding Dory would be as brilliant as Finding Nemo. It was ok, but a bit of a monsters university moment.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The Neon Demon.

donald
    Free Member

The only film I’ve seen at the cinema this year was Son of Saul.

An astonishing film but probably not most people’s cup of tea.

yunki
    Free Member

the lazy comic book crap, half-arsed remakes and ‘franchises’

they’re really catering to the lowest common denominator with this stuff… A shocking waste of creative energy

fasthaggis

Tale of Tales
    Maggies Plan
    Deadpool

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Hello to Jason Isaac’s, Fairport Convention etc. Only been a couple or three times with the kids and the BFG was brilliant. Loving the cruise Steve.

doris5000

Solaris (the original).

proper good. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Easily Deadpool. Twice. Long time since I’ve bothered seeing a film twice (Abba: The Movie I think was the last! 😆 )

Secret Life of Pets was.. “meh” (my son’s review) – blatant rip off of every other kids’ animation film ever, but with worse jokes.

DezB
    Free Member

the lazy comic book crap, half-arsed remakes and ‘franchises’

Saw some “Top 10” cinema releases prog last night – Ghostbusters, Star Trek, Tarzan, Ice Age 36, Now You See Me 2… what a load of crap.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The Neon Demon for me too.

tinribz
    Free Member

If random decent recent films are allowed I’ll ad to the mix:

Room 😥
    10 Cloverfield Lane
    Bone Tommahawk
    The Witch 😕
    Eddie the Eagle

njee20
    Free Member

Bridge of spies probably. The Big Short is excellent, but saw that on a plane. Does that count?!

Mister-P
    Free Member

28 Days Later at Secret Cinema. That’s the first time I’ve been to see a film since 2004 when I watched Kill Bill 2.

MoreCashThanDash

That’s the first time I’ve been to see a film since 2004 when I watched Kill Bill 2.

Glad to hear your parole came through in the end though 😉

slowoldman

10 films? At the cinema? This year?

The last film I saw was a re-screening of 2001, last year. Will that do?

beej

THis year I’ve seen at the cinema:

Spotlight
    The Revenant
    London has Fallen
    Hatefull Eight
    In the Heart of the Sea
    Deadpool
    Jason Bourne
    Captain America Civil War

On a plane:
    Zootropolis
    10 Cloverfield Lane
    Concussion

Best was Spotlight. Stunned silence in the cinema at the end.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Wild Tales.
    and Tale of Tales wasn’t bad either.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Best films you've seen at the cinema so far this year?’ is closed to new replies.