Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Best films of this year?
  • dthom3uk

Argo, Rush, Into Darkness and The World’s End.

Gilles

when you see the quality of TV series such as Breaking bad, good movies are hard to find these days. Rust and Bone was the one I enjoyed the most this year, with Django.

Drac

Gunna watch Django in a bit.. as much as I enjoyed some of Tarantino’s films, he seemingly lives off his success and produce mediocre stuff the majority of the time (IMO)

But when he gets it right he gets it very right, it’s a very good film some fantastic dialogue, great acting and brilliant action but tied in with showing just how horrible slavery was.

grievoustim
    Free Member

For me Django, Blue Jasmine and Place Beyond the Pines. Enjoyed Star Trek
    Side Effects was good

Disappointed by the worlds end and only god forgives

Been a bit slack this year though, a lot will have to wait till blu ray/ DVD/ streaming release

RustySpanner

Trance was quite good.

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Good Vibrations
    Argo
    Robot and Frank

DezB
    Free Member

Django Unchained. Actually, the only thing I’ve seen at the cinema this year! (Oh, apart from some rubbishy kid’s fantasy film thing)

World War Z was better than I expected.

scud
    Free Member

Liked Argo, Rush and Place Beyond the Pines. Saw Sightseers yesterday and that has to be the best carvanning serial killer movie i’ve seen this year.

Not eaten KFC since watching Killer Joe though!!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Place Beyond the Pines – its a film that will stay in my mind a while. good film.

Argo – again liked it lots.

On the whole not been that bowled over by many films this year but quite keen to see Filth

EDIT: Django was ok, but not exceptional. Into darkness was predictable but fun. Trance was also ok, but a bit surreal for my brain.

Mark

+1 Robot and Frank

noteeth
    Free Member

I enjoyed Upstream Colour, from the guy who made Primer.

And also Ain’t them bodies saints – it does a better job of being a Terrence Malick film than any of Malick’s recent efforts.

AlexSimon

Haven’t seen many this year, but enjoyed Bernie

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Best films of this year?’ is closed to new replies.