Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Best exercise to kill the handles of love!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

And can it be done without giving up
    Lager
    White bread
    And butter??

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yes it can, but you won’t.

beej

You can’t target fat loss. If you lose fat, your body will decide of its own accord where to take it from.

I had chickpeas for lunch.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

don’t eat after 8pm is an easy start to losing them…

Kuco

Slower pie arm 😉

More exercise?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Only eat after 8 on a Sunday evening when me and the wife have dinner without the kids. Bike work has dropped off last four weeks I have to admit, what with holidaying and changing work sites. But I’m probably the lightest I’ve been for a while due to working physically at work rather than delegating! Just wanted to kill the handles before the summer if poss!!

mogrim

Lay off the beer for a couple of weeks. If you don’t want to stop completely, at least try and cut down – nothing on a school night, for example, nothing at home, whatever…

nicko74

Are ab exercises not the best way to work off chub in that particular area? Not quite sure what, mind…

donsimon
    Free Member

You could always dab some evening primrose oil on the area you want to lose fat.

emma82
    Free Member

Rub seaweed onto the flabby bits, then put a frog on your head and bath in baked beans. That works on targeted fat loss. Facto.

emsz
    Free Member

LoLing at em82

Oh yeah, that one works really well…. 😆

DT78
    Free Member

Sadly I think you just have to loose weight generally and at some stage it will come off the love handles. I find that and the lower abs are the hardest place to shift and those last couple of pounds cling there.

I’ve switched a few things in my diet recently and it seems to be having an effect (along with more exercise). Cut down on diary, replaced cereals with eggs. Instead of sandwiches for lunch I now eat a packet of ready cooked chicken. Fruit and nuts instead of snacks. Naked bars instead of chocolate. Wallet is also lighter…

2lb to go to pre collar bone break weight, 8lb and I will be the same weight I was 15 years ago 🙂

McHamish
    Free Member

“An exercise that targets fat in a particular area”

Doesn’t Exist…FACT.

You can exercise to target fat loss but you can’t target fat loss in a particular area.

Some people might disagree, but it definately cannot be done ‘effectively’.

Look at metabolic/HIT etc training if you have limited time for training.

johnhe

Surely situps will target flab around your tummy? Sounds obvious, no?

McHamish
    Free Member

Surely situps will target flab around your tummy? Sounds obvious, no?

No, it wouldn’t. It would target the muscles around your tummy.

aftershock
    Free Member

DT78 – Member
    Sadly I think you just have to loose weight generally and at some stage it will come off the love handles. I find that and the lower abs are the hardest place to shift and those last couple of pounds cling there.

I’ve switched a few things in my diet recently and it seems to be having an effect (along with more exercise). Cut down on diary, replaced cereals with eggs. Instead of sandwiches for lunch I now eat a packet of ready cooked chicken. Fruit and nuts instead of snacks. Naked bars instead of chocolate. Wallet is also lighter…

2lb to go to pre collar bone break weight, 8lb and I will be the same weight I was 15 years ago

So in a nut shell “cut out carbs”

Rubber_Buccaneer

What are love handles? Do you mean your ears?

skywalker
    Free Member

As already mentioned, you can’t choose where the fat comes off, your body adds/removes fat from certain areas at different body fat percentages.

Work out your basal metabolic rate and total daily energy expenditure here, then subtract 20% from your TDEE giving you roughly the amount of calories you should eat a day.

Download a calorie counting app such as myfitnesspal, add the foods as you go and don’t go over your calories.

By the end of the week you should have roughly a 3000 calorie deficit at -20%, 3000 calories equates to roughly 1 lbs of fat.

You need to eat low calorie nutritionally dense foods and your carbs should come from fruit (in moderation), vegetables, and brown grains.

Cut out as much processed food as possible, also no white bread, rice or pasta etc.

You should also drink plenty of water.

You can have up to 3 planned cheat meals a week, no scoffing your face just because you feel like it.

20 minutes a day of cardio will help, even if its just walking the dog etc, it doesn’t have to be intense.

For accelerated fat loss (and not so you don’t look like a twig when you lose all that fat) add a resistance training routine.

scaredypants

Rubber_Buccaneer – Member
    What are love handles? Do you mean your ears?

Nope 😉

transapp
    Free Member

Just a note on the situps, is does nothing for a fat stomach, in fact, an increased muscle mass (abs) can actually make you look bigger around the middle. Situps don’t burn fat (unless you are going to do them for about an hour and they get your heart rate to about 70% max!). However, if you’ve lost the fat, they will firm of a flaccid muscle that may be mistaken for fat.
    Situps however are bloody brilliant for riding, you’ll be surprised how much it helps when you have a strong core.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You can do planks, side-t-planks, sit-ups, v-sit-ups, crunches, half-sit-ups all you bloody want…and you will get a six pack eventually. Unfortunately, none of those things will get rid of the inch of flab that’s covering up the six-pack. So, yes, lots of ab stuff, but combined with a method of losing weight…for which a lifestyle expert will be along at some stage to advise. Please have account details ready.

skywalker
    Free Member

Crunches etc will strengthen your stomach though (obviously), which will reverse that pot bellied/bloated look that some people have due to extra relaxed stomach muscles, effectively reducing your waist size.

the_lecht_rocks

Try walking 8 miles a day, swim 2500m each lunch time and mountain bike 8 hours a week…..

It works………

skywalker
    Free Member

Try walking 8 miles a day, swim 2500m each lunch time and mountain bike 8 hours a week…..

It works………

It will, but its still possible to eat more than your TDEE and not lose any weight, or get even fatter.

Harry_the_Spider

A combination of the road bike, stress, insomnia and cutting out the beer has me down to a 32″ waist for the first time since I was 16. 😀 None of my trousers fit though anymore. 😐

Knocking the booze on the head will help.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds AWESOME.

Bought my first pair of 30″ waist jeans in 20 years today. Losing weight isn’t hard at all.

sparkyrhino

Stanley knife,or a rasp.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s easier for some than others!

soobalias
    Free Member

exercise your ability to choose.

ton

idiet/primal diet hybrid.
    and lots of a exercise called a Plank.
    check it out on Mark’s daily apple.

wrightyson
    Free Member

30″ 😯
    Id look like a **** wedge if I dropped to that waist size 😆
    These specific handles of love are just round the sides, no fat gut etc as only a manly 34″ waist, but they just won’t budge!!!
    Might have to kill the chocolate!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Anyone whose aim is to loose fat is destined to fail.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

HIIT works well for me. I dont have loads of spare time so I just do most of my everyday tasks at highly intense intervals.

Writing, typing, stirring a brew, texting etc. can all get your pulse racing if you do them properly. Works for me anyway, I had a chest x ray the other day and I could see my ribs!

30″
    Id look like a **** wedge if I dropped to that waist size
    These specific handles of love are just round the sides, no fat gut etc as only a manly 34″ waist, but they just won’t budge!!!
    Might have to kill the chocolate!!

I’m under 11.5st, so it’s in proportion and I suppose I’m actually ‘small boned’. Couldn’t use the big boned excuse when I was 15.5st

soobalias
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    I had a chest x ray the other day and I could see my ribs!

lols.

qwerty
    Free Member

Dysentery should do it!

Edit: Apologies for my lame arsed remark, your building advice to me has been great.

If its the first obvious deposits of fat that have developed on you then they’ll probably be the most stubborn to shift. You need to be dedicated in your fat free quest and cut out the crap (alcohol calories serve no use so just deposit as fat stores), eat lean, hydrate, graze don’t binge, plan your meals in advance (including packed lunches for work) & exercise. When I lived like this I was single and (for me) very fit, with a very low body fat and felt fantastic in body and mind. By contrast I now seem to drink too much, eat (for me) too much crap, exercise far less and have developed a wobbly belly, ironically I weigh the same as I did in my prime.

Waderider
    Free Member

I had love handles two months ago, same as at the end of most winters, Cycling every moment I can since then get has got rid of them, while I have maintained the same atrocious diet. Don’t spend time on internet forums, ride your bike.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Best exercise to kill the handles of love!!’ is closed to new replies.