Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best Energy Trail Bars… Help, I nearly bonked today!
  • Paceman
    Free Member

What d’you recommend to keep the carbs stocked up on a 4-5 hour ride? or longer for Enduro’s this summer?

My details: 80kg weight, 36 yrs old, good level of fitness for this time of year!

Currently just using supermarket cereal bars but they definately weren’t up to the job today!

judderman
    Free Member

Ninebars

andywhit
    Free Member

Torq bars.

aw
    Free Member

I tend to use muti grain bars either the raisin or the oat ones…other than that have made some energy bars from a cycling mag that are good.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nature Valley Granola Bars/Soreen Malt Loaf/Bananas usually covers all bases.

mudshark
    Free Member

If I have a few peanut butter sandwiches and Lidl muesli bars it’s never my energy level that’s the problem.

njee20
    Free Member

Torq bars, definitely.

WTF
    Free Member

I use Clif bars which seem to fill the gap nicely and taste nice also which is an added bonus.

thomthumb
    Free Member

don’t think that there is really a massive difference between supermarket and energy bars. you just need to put more in more often. energy drink can help as you can sip it along side water/ eating.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

psp22 and clif bars – cool mint chocolate flavour

mattyh222
    Free Member

Clif taste like arse

nutrigrain are definately the way forward!

its all about the blueberry!

phiiiiil

Soreen Go! bars have powered me up many a hill before when I thought I was too knackered.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

8p value jelly cubes for an instant hit 🙂

made up my own “energy” bars for years, just think of unhelathy stuff, and bake it, current favourites are;

millionaires shortcake
    flapjack
    rice crispy cakes (make marshmellow ones with coco-pops, marshmellow then melt a 300g block of chocolate on top 🙂 )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m all over Mule bars at the moment. Great flavours, very tasty, good energy content/release and straight outa Wiltshire across the road from my fave brewery. What’s not to like?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Clif and Mule bars are both excellent and very palatable.

The Clif bar flavours actually taste how you think they will. So if you like Peanut Butter you will like the Peanut Butter clif bars. Same goes for all other flavours.
    Mule bars are pretty good too. My bite of the Chocolate Fig Mud I wasn’t keen, but I soon developed a taste for them.

Tried loads of others like Torq, High5, Powerbar & SIS. None of them taste as good as Clif or Mule bars.

silverside
    Free Member

i use kellogs nutri-grain elevenses…

anything that has a reasonably high complex carb (carbs but not sugar) should do the job – fig rolls are also good

jelly babies are good emergency supplies

for some reason paying up to £2 for a specific energy bar seems too much.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

all you need is torq, the powders are brilliant the bars are tasty and the gels make you ride for years… yes i suppose i am a bit of a fan 😛

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best Energy Trail Bars… Help, I nearly bonked today!’ is closed to new replies.