Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Best enduro bike for the money
  • br
    Free Member

Good luck on that 120mm bike at Revo and Antur. You’ll need it.[/I]

Managed the DH track at Fort Bill on my 29er with ‘only’ 120mm of travel, twice the time of Greg Minnaar, but a result in my book 🙂

Many of the faster riders where I ride are on 120-140mm FS’s, don’t seem to slow them down.

NazNomad
    Free Member

I’m currently riding one of these
    http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-am-race-brushed-edition-2016-c2x18820530
    and loving it more each time I go out!
    Bought it to replace my very tired YT Wicked (read Capra Al) and the difference is amazing . The Meta is a lot more fun to ride, poppy to use bike test speak, and is equally at home on XC routes round the peaks, bike park Wales or flat out down the Snowdon Ranger path! (It’s going to Mont Blanc & Finale later this year too

chakaping
    Free Member

Many of the faster riders where I ride are on 120-140mm FS’s, don’t seem to slow them down.

I’ve notched up some of my greatest Strava descent heroics on a 110mm 29er, but I wouldn’t dream of taking it to Revo or Antur to ride anything but the easy tracks.

Put the hairshirts away and let the OP get an appropriate bike for his needs.

swainy90
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info guys. When I say xc yeah it’s more for keeping my fitness up really rather than full Lycra going up a hill like a mad possessed haha. I’m definitely looking at more 160/170 travel. I currently ride all the uplift places on a dh bike and especially revo find it hard work by the end of the day so people doing on sub 140mm travel must be made of different stuff (also have white finger after the ride

russyh
    Free Member

I have a HT for decent pedaling duties, I now have a 160mm FS for comfortable trail riding and a DH bike for uplift days…..variety is the spice of life, I may get a short travel 29er as my next bike, shame Orange stopped making that 110mm rear travel machine really.

Ummm, they still make it…it’s called the segment

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Best enduro bike for the money’ is closed to new replies.