• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best Endurance bib shorts for 125 mile sportive
  • chalky46
    Free Member

I’ve got a lovely pair of assos bib shorts but I don’t think they will cope with 125 miles. Need the best chamois possible.

Anyone got any ideas?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why don’t you think they will cope?
    Got a selection from https://garneau.com/us/en/cycling/neo-power-motion-cycling-bib/color/black-bright-yellow-261-113 seem to be good for the 6 odd hour stuff

tomhoward

Rapha, with the level of warmth required to suite the conditions.

wilburt
    Free Member

You need some Assos 125’s there specific to 125 mile rides anything above or below that and you and all the baby rabbits will die.

qtip

Sportful Super Total Comfort bib shorts have kept my backside happy on rides of 125 miles and more.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

specific to 125 mile rides

But they’re not for 125 mile races.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Endura equipé are good

IHN

I’ve got a lovely pair of assos bib shorts but I don’t think they will cope with 125 miles.

and

Need the best chamois possible.

does not compute.

Assos + chamois cream + being used to being in the saddle for that length of time = happy undercarriage for me

jonba
    Free Member

Dhb aeron ones for me.

But in combination with a good saddle that fits and chamois cream if required.

I actually find the cheaper mid level dhb ones better than the more expensive ones. Something about the pad design and my road riding position. Cytech make pads for most expensive shorts. They are available with or without expensive marketing costs. The Merlin pro range uses some pretty good pads but I’ve not ridden with mine yet.

freeagent
    Free Member

The decent Decathlon ones are pretty good. Have done Ride London in them twice, and ridden from London to Snowdonia over 5 days using several pairs.

I find they fit me better than the Rapha ones I’ve got.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why don’t you think the Assos will cope?

Do you use cream?

prawny

Assos are literally some of the best shorts you can buy. I did 100 miles in some crappy nalini ones that were £18 from Ribble.

If your ride is soon, I’d not risk swapping to something unfamiliar.

lunge

The decent Decathlon ones are pretty good. Have done Ride London in them twice, and ridden from London to Snowdonia over 5 days using several pairs.

I always say it but this. I’ve done some big old rides in them, 280 miles London to Paris, 220 Manchester to London. They’re really good, very comfortable and fit my undercarriage a treat. Saying that, if I was going to change I’d buy Assos,

flange
    Free Member

I’ve got Assos but prefer my new Rapha Core bibs – pad is just SO comfy. Don’t get castelli, fine for the first few rides, then the pad goes limp and they’re useless…

JoB
    Free Member

Assos shorts will have just warmed up at 125 miles, you’ll be fine, unless you’re finding something wrong with them on your current rides you don’t need new shorts

TiRed

Rapha. Best pad I’ve ever had. Bought two pairs of Pro Race and some therma bib 3/4’s in the sale and have been delighted with them. I’ve not tried Assos though, but have worn Pearl Izumi, Champion Systems, Castelli, Di Marchi.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best Endurance bib shorts for 125 mile sportive’ is closed to new replies.