Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best dual chainring chainguide?
  • hopster
    Free Member

Never used one before and there are so many on the market so some advice would be appreciated. It needs to fit a 22/36 chainring set up and have a bottom bracket mount option.

Before everybody suggest 1×10 I ride in some pretty hilly places and whilst 1×9 has been ok on the lightweight hardtail and think with the added weight and travel I’ll struggle with just a single chainring.

Any suggestions?

Phatman
    Free Member

Never had any problems with the e13 DRS.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Gamut P30 dual guide or a Blackspire Stinger would do the job.

swingbing
    Free Member

Very please with my blackspire stinger. Don’t let the price put you off.

hopster
    Free Member

Some have rollers and others have moved away to solid guide. Do they generate more friction? Are they noisier than ones with rollers or jockey wheels?

jambon
    Free Member

+1 Blackspire Stinger.

Superstar components do one for even less but have never used.

legend
    Free Member

Some have rollers and others have moved away to solid guide. Do they generate more friction? Are they noisier than ones with rollers or jockey wheels?

Not heard any complaints about sliders at all, and any modern device (properly setup) should be nice n quiet. On the other hand, guide plates shouldn’t clog up with mud like rollers do

Potdog
    Free Member

Got both Blackspire Stingers and a superstar one on my hire bikes. Both work perfectly well. The superstar one has been on for about 2 years, the black spire ones about 10 months.
    On the plus side for the Superstar one it has a little block with a couple of grub screws which tighten onto the BB shell to help stop it from moving. The Blackspire ones don’t have this and have slipped a little from time to time, but not a great hassle, I just tap them back around a bit with a rubber mallet.

pguy78
    Free Member

Blackspire stinger or the superstar version both similar.

hopster
    Free Member

Great thanks for the feedback. I am assuming that a bashguard is also required?

JohnnyPanic

Never had any problems with the e13 DRS.

Mine came on the bike and when it was working it was great but didn’t you find it was …

1. Expensive and
    2. The roller wore out really quickly?

That was my experience anyway.
    Stinger roller lasts forever.

hopster
    Free Member

Just bought a stinger. Thanks again for the help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best dual chainring chainguide?’ is closed to new replies.