Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • best dry ( clean ) chainlube for the winter …?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

tried loads over the years . anyone found any cheap solutions that work and don’t create a sticky mess ?
    thanks
    Bill

busydog
    Free Member

I’ve used White Lightning for years, dries quickly and isn’t sticky–keeps the chain clean, but I don’t have the kind of winter riding here in the Southwest US that you do in the UK (you sometimes get more rain over a weekend than we do in 6 months.

bencooper
    Free Member

I use Profi Drylube in wet and muddy Scotland, but it’s not particularly cheap and I have to import it specially from Germany.

jameso

Finish line ‘dry’ teflon lube’s good, it doesn’t flake off like dry wax and lasts longer on wet rides ime, leaves more of a film than wax but is cleaner than oil. It does leave some sticky gunk but don’t they all?

nuke

Rock N Roll Extreme is what I’ve been using for winter riding over the last couple of years

Janesy
    Free Member

Rock N roll +1

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

For me Rock & Roll’s v-good, Purple Extreme’s far far better.

yabzego
    Free Member

i got some wet lube..bein in manchester…always wet etc motorex of switzerland-bikeline turned my nice clean chain black..now im no expert have little or no clue wen it comes to this kinda stuff..but i need to get some proper stuff … where can i get this rock n roll or purple xtreme…chain lube im assuming?

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

I get purple extreme from ebay.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Rock n Roll Extreme all year for the last 4 years, not looking to change.

kaiser
    Free Member

I’ve tried both rock n roll and purple extreme and wasn’t that impressed . may have a look at that profi stuff ben .

itsmygame
    Free Member

+1 for white lightning

Grimy
    Free Member

Squirt

breadcrumb

Another for White Lightening, I use the Epic Ride stuff.

iainc

currently on the Muc-Off Ceramic Wet lube – seems good and not much sticky gunk

shortcut

Purple Extreme for me. Been using it for 4 or 5 years. OK its expensive but not messy and does the job.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘best dry ( clean ) chainlube for the winter …?’ is closed to new replies.