Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best drop bar brake levers?
  • scratch
    Free Member

Dia-comp, Tektro, Shimano much of a muchness?

The TRP’s would be nice but as I’ve had the frame for free £80 on levers seems a bit much, nice though!

JoB
    Free Member

i assume you mean brake levers that don’t need any geary gubbins inside?

the Cane Creek ones are really nice, comfy broad top to them, and the SRAM S500 if you can find them

faustus

If you go for bar end shifters, then you can get cane creek v-brake drop levers for about £40 and they will work with mtb mechanical discs (rather than road specific), which you’ll probably get better performance from because of more cable pull – assuming you’re using discs of course!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scratch
    Free Member

Thanks! Yeah there for a SS / road calipers I’ll take a look at the Cane Creeks.

TiRed

All work. I like Dia Compe finish but am very happy with Tektro. Choose on hood shape rather than function.

warpcow
    Free Member

Not sure about the ones for road calipers, but Cane Creek and Tektro levers for V-brakes are the same apart from branding, and that the CCs cost 3x more. If it wasn’t for the fact that I needed v-brake pull I’d probably have gone with SRAM levers.

aracer
    Free Member
    TiRed

Thank God Record brakes don’t come in long drop! aracer, you almost cost me a fortune then 😉

aracer
    Free Member

I expect you’ll find those levers work with non-Campag calipers 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shimano IMO feel the best.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best drop bar brake levers?’ is closed to new replies.