Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best Dongle for home PC?
  • hora
    Free Member

Is there a pay as you go version? I,e as soon as you’ve used up your monthly download/bandwidth it automatically cuts off?

Whats the quickest/best for home pc use???

Spongebob
    Free Member

Have a look at google! The answer is yes.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Yes, look at the Orange, O2, Vodafone, etc, websites.

Various price brackets and top up amounts available.

Also have a look at the Mi-fi and portable wi-fi hotspots. Handy if you have more than 1 computer and also can connect an iPhone or iPod Touch to it.

z1ppy

Just beaware, if you have no mobile/data signal @ your home, they ain’t gunna work… seems obvious but it didn’t stop a bloke at work buying one and finding it useless.
    Also read that as, if one mobile provider has a better signal for your area, they are probably the best dongle provider for you (obvious but has to be said).

mboy
    Free Member

Stick your postcode into a signal checker… I know 3 has one on their website, I think most of the others do too…

3 is definitely the cheapest if you want to go PAYG. I used to get a pretty strong signal with the one I had through work too in most places. Usually got at least a 1.5Meg connection, but in some places it would only get about 0.2Meg.

Cougar

Last time I looked, 3 was the clear winner. That was a couple of years ago though.

Can I assume that you can’t get broadband through more conventional means?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best Dongle for home PC?’ is closed to new replies.