Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best Dog/Cat Food – C5 program last night?
  • back2basics
    Free Member

even though it was an utter rubbish and cheap program, that gave no views nor answers….
    what do you feed your cat/dog then?
    raw diet?
    human food/meat?
    premium pet food
    supermarket branded?
    dirt cheap pet food
    iceland mince meat

seems most supermarket branded, and supermarket sold pet food contains very little “meat” and mostly ash/grains/etc

seriously considering putting our cats on reduced “past/on sell by dated” mince/fish/chicken from supermarket – more prep time, but they actually eat less on it anyway the times we have tried it.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

My two are on a raw diet, best thing we’ve done for them 😀

Alpha1653

CSJ That’ll Do/Hi Lost.

This was recommended by the rescue centre where we got Molly. It’s good value but seems to have all the sorts of things there should be in a dog food, without the stuff that’s not…if that makes sense! Moll seems to like it and she’s full of energy and happy.

(Edit) But watching last night we’re considering mixing in some raw for variation and to see if it makes any difference.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Acana dry dog food.. fit for human consumption
    https://www.viovet.co.uk/Acana_Adult_Large_Breed_Dog_Food/c14830/

Milkie
    Free Member

Usually feed the dogs Hills, but during the summer it’s whatever the dog wins at country game fairs.

back2basics
    Free Member

i forgot to add i was in tesco this morning and there seemed to be very little difference between (thier own) tinned wet cat food and dog food, perhaps its more to do with flavourings and colourings and size/density…?

Pigface
    Free Member

My mate Tony edited this show 😀

back2basics
    Free Member

@cloudnine, thats a good website, contains the breakdown of ingredients well too.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I used to feed my cat on a raw food diet from Honey’s (previously Darlings) but found the quality variable so stopped (last lot had waaay to much fat content).

The best quality dry food that I’ve been able to find is the Canadian brand Orijen. One complaint is that the kibbles are too small for our boy, meaning he swallows them whole…not good for the teeth 🙁

The cat definitely does better on the raw diet, so I’m going to start making my own, or pay a visit to a local butcher and get him to create a balanced coarse mince, including bones and offal etc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best Dog/Cat Food – C5 program last night?’ is closed to new replies.