Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best deal on car breakdown cover (inc Europe)
  • higgo
    Free Member

Looking to change our car breakdown cover.

Currently with RAC – I don’t have a problem with them except that I no longer have the card that I’ve previously paid with. I’ve had a letter from them this morning saying they’ve cancelled my membership having made ‘numerous attempts to contact me’. Maybe they have but they haven’t used the more common methods of phone, email or letter.

Anyway I can either go back to RAC or look elsewhere. Cover must include Europe and be for me and Mrs Higs on both cars. Anyone know of any particularly good deals?

bruneep

I use RAC via my tesco clubcard vouchers. so its “free”

cp

I’ve used AA (though not in Europe) for the last 3 years. They’ve been fine – and have come out to me pretty quickly really when my battery catastrophically failed while out and about! T’other half is with them too and they’ve been good on a couple of call outs to he.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That just reminded me – I needed cover and just got it for £28 a year (not inc. Europe) from The AA.

Bargain.

higgo
    Free Member

Anyone got any practical information about ‘Green Flag’, particularly if you’ve had to use them in Europe.

I can get a lower price from them because I can get cover for two cars but with only one of them covered in Europe. RAC and AA seem to apply Euro cover to both cars if you opt for Euro cover. One of our cars will neve leave these shores again so it seems daft to pay extra for it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is my understanding that only The AA have their own fleet and all other services just buy in local contractors so service isn’t always as reliable.

antigee

been using these people

http://www.vehicle-rescue.com/

never had to all out abroad but good only time used them in UK, prompt & helpful but like all subcontract ones guess depends on who they send – gave up on RAC because increasingly seemed to sub contract to incompetent – presumably cheap operators while paying a premium price

suggest read all the small print and decide what need – i travel with kids so help getting home or to destination is important to me

general impression i’ve got from friends who have broken down in Europe is that most co’s only seem interested in recovery back to UK rather than take to garage that can repair – i guess there is a financial incentive

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best deal on car breakdown cover (inc Europe)’ is closed to new replies.