Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best deal on an iPhone5?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

Just did a bit of ringing around as I was due an upgrade, think I’ve got a reasonable deal…

I’m an O2 Platinum customer so I’m used to a monthly spend of around £80.00pcm, but this is what I’ve just got:

iPhone5 64GB Black – Free of charge.
    24mth Contract @ £63.00pcm = Unlimited calls to landlines & mobiles and 1Gb Data
    (Early upgrade 6mths from end of contract)

That works out as: £63.00 over 18mths = Total cost £1134.00 (as I will and always upgrade when I can)

So I compared that with buying a a phone outright and taking the same on SIM only (O2 Simplicity) which worked out as follows:

iPhone5 = £699
    Simplicity (unlimited calls + 1gb) £20.00pcm x 18

Total of: £1059.00

So thats a saving of £75.00 over 18mths if I bought it outright, quite frankly i don’t mind paying the extra £5.00 per month over the term as I get much better service as a Platinum user so all in all I’m pretty chuffed.

That said I’ve got 14 days cooling off, so, could I do better?

jam-bo

Get your employer to pay for it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just curious what the international calling and data are with that package.

I recently got a 4S with T-mobile and the contract is rubbish so looking for other options.

geoffj

Have a look at three’s one plan.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Have a look at three’s one plan.

I’ll second Three. I’m very impressed so far, coverage is as good or better then O2 where I live and the places I’ve visited and their internet is anything up to 3.5 times faster. I get a consistent 6.5-7.0mb/sec at home, which wipes the floor with O2s 1.9mb/sec

MrNutt
    Free Member

Three don’t have an unlimited call option and believe me I need it, I talk for england.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@geoff and @peter – I did consider three but was worried about coverage away from London, i will check again. I make virtually zero calls from my mobile, its receiving calls / sms / data / international use.

geoffj

jambalaya – I live in rural Perthshire and work all over the UK. No problems here!

stuarty
    Free Member

Crawls up into chair

80quid a month ffs
    Is that normal or would you be a buisness user

jota180
    Free Member

I don’t think I could talk for £80 worth a month

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

@geoff and @peter – I did consider three but was worried about coverage away from Londo

Understood. 🙂

I’ve not been with them long, but I did have a couple of weeks away travelling and then on holiday north/midlands and they were not noticeably worse than O2 that I could tell. In Farnborough where I live, in the countryside near Reading where I work and in Gosport where the in-laws live they’re good though.

Bit patchy at work, but it is the middle of nowhere really and I get a better (3/5 bars) signal if I step outside

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thing is, it’s NO CONTRACT! So if I don’t like them I can just pop someone else’s sim card in and cancel 3 with a months notice, see? That’s the beauty of buying outright. 🙂

BurnBob
    Free Member

Am I missing something here? Im on Orange with an Iphone for £35 a month, unlimited text and calls. Most of my friends are similar sort of deals with different networks so why on earth would anyone be paying £63 or even £80 a month?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

why on earth would anyone be paying £63 or even £80 a month?

To get a ‘free’ £700 phone.

I lumped the £700 up front because it’s cheaper in the long run for me.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Just got my iPhone5 (Vodafone) for £99 up front then £29pm for unlimited calls and text and 1GB of data. I do get 20% off through my employer. Happy with that.

footflaps

Work pays my bill, which is often £500+ / month if I’ve been abroad. I’m sticking with the 4s to keep Google Maps as I rely on it to find my way round African cities, which probably don’t even exist in Apple’s map service!

firestarter
    Free Member

My boss just got an iphone 5 on three , they wanted 99 quid and a fair few quid a month he spent less than ten mins on phone to them got phone for free and 35 a month

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best deal on an iPhone5?’ is closed to new replies.