Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Best day & time to end an ebay auction
  • teef
    Free Member

I used to reckon it was 7pm Sunday evening but with today’s mobile technology does it really matter anymore when an ebay auction ends?

johndoh
    Free Member

Depends entirely on what you are selling….

teef
    Free Member

Depends entirely on what you are selling….

Bike Stuff

rumple
    Free Member

thursday about 7pm for 10 days.

that’s 2 weekend s and ends on a sunday afternoon.

dbcooper
    Free Member

I would also have said sunday evening, 6-7pm, but I have not sold anything for ages so it may have changed.
    I was very wedded to the idea of sun evenings, and have kind of proved it by having lots of the same thing to sell and running a fair few auctions at different times just to find out. Put it this way – finishing at midnight on wednesday is not a good idea..

johndoh
    Free Member

7pm Sundays for bike stuff? Nah, people may be out on their bikes or fettling in the garage.

I’d say 9.30/10pm mid-week.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

See, I think the ten days auctions are a bit of a waste – why bid on something in ten days when you might get the one thats up in seven.

The bidding action never happens until 10 seconds before the end, you just need to tempt the punters watching/bidding on your auction.

But Sundays finishing at 20:00 for the win.

with today’s mobile technology does it really matter

Doesn’t matter if on mobile or desktop – you need the buyers to not be having dinner/sleep/sorting kids out.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I always reckon about 9pm on a Sunday – either 7 or 10 day auction

plyphon
    Free Member

If you can wait,7pm any evening right after PayDay…

But not a friday night as most people will be down the Pub.

geoffj

Shirley everyone just uses a sniping service and doesn’t actually need to be pressing the button as the auction ends? ❓

footflaps

I normally aim for 7-8pm on a Sunday.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Another for Sunday 7/8pm. Well it’s seemingly when I buy random shit at over inflated prices after usually having a really nice day with the family and a few cheeky late afternoon beers.

granny_ring

20.36 on a Sunday

jonahtonto
    Free Member

monday eve to catch all the people who missed out on sunday. they dont want to miss out again so bid more

Dickyboy

10 day auction so there is more chance of people seeing what you are selling before the bidding frenzy 5 seconds before the end

bensales
    Free Member

breatheeasy – Member
    See, I think the ten days auctions are a bit of a waste – why bid on something in ten days when you might get the one thats up in seven.

10 day ones are perfect if you’re selling something that people might want to view in person before bidding. I’ve used the for cars, motorbikes, pushbikes, and computers. If you time it right, you can give people two whole weekends to come and view.

For any other auction, I reckon either mid-morning on a weekday to catch people having a tea-break at work, or 7-8pm on any evening to catch post-dinner sofa-surfers.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

10 day ones are perfect if you’re selling something that people might want to view in person before bidding.

Actually, yes thats a good point – I do forget eBay sells much more than the bike tat I flog on it (and buy off it 😀 )

ampthill

Is there a down side to Sunday night. Say your set for 7:00 does the fact that another one is coming along at 7:37, 8:09 etc. make people less likely to commit. Or is this off set by the greater number of watchers

Long listings must be more important for rare items so people spot it. No use for a used iphone 4s

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Best day & time to end an ebay auction’ is closed to new replies.