Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best day for ebaying
  • toyrobot
    Free Member

I am prepping a bike (Specialized Demo 7) for ebay and hopefully will have it listed this evening. Mrs toyrobot has infected my mind though. She has said that she thinks Sunday evening is the best time for an ebay bid to end, where I was aiming to list the bike for a Friday or Saturday night deadline – no work the next day, the mind wanders toward a weekend of bike fun etc.

Anyone got any thoughts?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sunday is the std advice – more folk in the houise, bored etc.

Your gnar DH types will be out smashing it up in the pub Friday/Saturday.

z1ppy

Mrstoyrobot advice is the normal accepted theory, Sunday evening when you have free time & are back to the grind the Monday, an eBay ‘bargain’ may just start your week well. Why would you think fri/sat is a good time, you should be out partying/winding down from the week/riding with a beer, last thing you’d want to be doing is watching an auction end

twoniner
    Free Member

Yeah, I would go for a Sunday or Monday night. Hang out for a free listing weekend.

toyrobot
    Free Member

Also goes some way to explaining why I’m selling the bike – I’m more likely to be in the house watching dvds and getting an early night. My gnar DH days must be behind me. 🙂

wukfit
    Free Member

Start it on a Thursday evening, 10 day listing 99p start no reserve, is what I find best
    You get people noticing it (and how cheap it is) the first weekend, and watch it,
    They all then bid last minute at about 8pm the next Sunday

fivespot
    Free Member

Yep, Sunday evening after 9 when some folk have had a few shandy’s and get a bit carried away with bidding 😉

charliedontsurf

Ten day auction
    Start on Thursday evening, end on a Sunday
    Get exposure over two weekends
    Have it end at 15 mins pass the hour, it’s easy to miss an on the hour deadline
    Check TV schedule and don’t have it end during top gear.

tomhoward

If you can wait a couple of weeks, have it end on the first Sunday of a month, when folk will still have a good chunk of their disposable income left in their pocket from pay day….

Jeffus
    Free Member

as said 10 tens starting Thursday

Andy

Bikemonger has it spot on. Particularly on the TV schedule thing. Lots of sellers that.

Edit Tomhoward good call about end month pay day. Also wait until march when the weather gets a bit better and people start to think about a new bike.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Weird how my ten day auctions end between 7:20 and 7:45 pm next Sunday after starting it last Thursday 😆

warton
    Free Member

aim to end on Monday eve. people are depressed and hungover on a monday, will buy stuff to cheer them up

jota180
    Free Member

Any evening Mon-Thurs to coincide with pay day works best with big ticket items IMO
    The Sunday rule seems to work fine with lower priced stuff

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best day for ebaying’ is closed to new replies.