Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best curry within 5 miles of NEC.
  • zippykona

Got 4 really boring days here. Need curry!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

There are a couple of nice curry houses in Knowle (just down the M42) but a really, good local gastro-ish pub near by is the Malt Shovel at Barston (sorry, the latter is not what you asked).

The famous Balti-triangle is only 20-30 mins drive (traffic?) on the other side of Birmingham – M42, Shirley, Moseley route to it?

jota180
    Free Member

I’d get the train into Brum

bluebird
    Free Member

Sparkbrook in Birmingham is probably the best place to head for. There are also a few in Earlsdon in Coventry which is only about 10 minutes form the NEC.

Ringo
    Free Member

Imrans on the ladypool road is the bollocks, I live other side of brum but if I fancy a curry I go there

mrmoofo

Get up to Sparkbrook – The Grand Tandoori used to be great …. but plenty to choose from. And don’t forget the table nan.

RobHilton
    Free Member

The best? The absolute best?
    There’s no such thing 🙂

Unless you go to Lasan in the city centre. Contemporary Indian food isn’t what I usually go for, preferring traditional home-cooked type stuff but… OMG Lasan is goooooood!!

Frikkity expensive though and probly not VFM, but I’m saving my pennies to go again soon.

Otherwise 2nd Sparkbrook, used to go there a lot until my fav. place shut down. Anywhere can be good or a bit hit and miss. Jyoti in Hall Green is pretty good for Souther Indian style veggie food (and one of the fews places in Brum you can get a masala dosa).

mrblobby
    Free Member

Spent a year in Sparkbrook as a student and there were some excellent curry houses there. “I am the King Balti” was one of the best but this was 20 years ago so I suppose there is a chance it may not still be there!

budgierider67

The Balti Society used to be the mutts nuts when I lived near there;

2238 Coventry Rd, Sheldon, Birmingham, West Midlands B26 3JH

Not far from there is this place which has good reviews & is always busy; http://www.jilabi.co.uk/

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Oh you’re at the show, huh? Good luck!

somouk
    Free Member

Lasan is really good in the city…

zippykona

Oh you’re at the show, huh? Good luck!

Yes and Mrs Zip asking my opinion of candle fragrances is really an exercise in futility.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

My Mrs was at the jewellery bit today, hoping she never has to go again, having done it 3 times now!

nickdavies

Don’t really do curry, but Shimla Pinks was always good, not been since they moved it up broad street a few years ago, but can’t see it being too much different. Rajdoot in Jewellery Quarter also good, but always leaves me feeling a bit hungry..

Head into any of the southern suburbs, Moseley, Sparkbrook, Balsall Heath etc and you can’t go far wrong. If you like the Lasan recommendation but don’t fancy coming into town or the cost of a meal there, there’s a cheaper/more chilled out version in Hall Green, Lasan Eatery.

jamj1974

Lasan Eatery good but Jalabi is better IMHO. Enjoy Spring Fair.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best curry within 5 miles of NEC.’ is closed to new replies.