Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best corner or sequence to watch a btcc car
  • redmex
    Free Member

Im saying it’s either Clark corner or the chicane both at Knockhill even the Porsches are on two wheels through the chicane

Northwind

Donington Bridge, immediately before Nigel Mansell arrives#

Clarke’s a good corner but from what I remember the spectators are a long way out there? Top of Duffus is good, you get the elevation change, watching 2CVs turn upside down there was always fun

legend
    Free Member

On the outside of Clarke you can probably get to within 50ft (maybe less) of the track, pretty close anyway

redmex does appear to have post-BTCC excitement after yesterday. Not sure I’d agree that the best action is at Knockhill though. The high-speed stuff at Thruxton is always good, as are the first couple of corners at Oulton Park to start with

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’m partial to a bit of Lodge at Oulton. Hoon it down the straight, watch the lodge getting bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger, then brake as late as you dare, turn in, drift across the track til you kiss the kerb, then floor it. 😀

redmex
    Free Member

Your not far from the edge of the tarmac at Clark corner note no e at the end it was named after Jim Clark and yes I was there on Saturday too skint or tight to pay £35 on Sunday but a great place for taking photos but it has to be a dry day .

steve-g
    Free Member

I live near Brands, and the cheap (possibly free) lower grandstand on the start/finish straight, due to the valley/bowl layout of the track gives views of pretty much the entire indy circuit. It also faces south so you are baking in the glorious sun all day if its nice weather. I saw plato win the title there…ooohhhh 5 years ago in October and was properly sunburnt……….in OCTOBER.

Northwind

Good point redmex, I pulled up a random map to remind myself what’s what and it has the name wrong 😳

From the track at Clark’s, the walls and grandstand feel a very long way away but maybe that’s just perception.

prawny

Craner curves for me, just prior to the chaos at the old hairpin. Probably just up from the old hairpin on the outside to avoid most of the flying gravel and see more of the curves.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best corner or sequence to watch a btcc car’ is closed to new replies.