Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • best cordless drill deals?
  • turneround

anyone got any suggestions for a cordless drill (18V), needs to do everything and be £100 or under. just checked out costs for replacing the batteries on my ryobi and it doesnt seem a viable option, may aswell get a new one.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

People will laugh, but I got a Halfords own brand 24v job. I’ve had it for years, it’s done loads of work and has never let me down. And for £30 , what the hell!

AB
    Free Member
    woody2000
    Spongebob
    Free Member

This firm have some sexy tools (no pun intended) :-0

How about an 18v Makita with 3 batteries for £98 delivered?

NiCd is old hat now, but i bought an AEG cordless drill 15 years ago, it’s batteries are still going strong. I have no idea how, it must be due to the supplied smart charger. You can refurb a NiCd battery (I did this with a Makita hedge trimmer who’s battery died in no time despite carefully fully discharging then recharging each time). When LiIon packs up after 3 years you will be emptying your wallet!

Cordless Drills at ITS

turneround

cheers all

richcc
    Free Member

I got one of the 18V NiCd Makitas with the 3 batteries. Really pleased with it. Makes doing jobs a real pleasure rather than a PITA which they generally are messing about with cordless drills.

Got mine from Screwfix, think they still have the Makita, also got a deal on Hitachi and De Walt at the moment IIRC.

PePPeR

See I’d go with the Black and Decker option, with an 18Volt drill from them you’re getting a hammer drill, which I don’t think any of the others shown so far are.
    http://nextday.diy.com/app/jsp/product/productPage.jsp?productId=42594&cm_mmc=Google-_-Tools-_-Power%20Tools%20-%20Black%20and%20Decker%20Drills-_-Black%20and%20Decker%20HP188F3B?P=P&gclid=COSrq_i-xpoCFQJN5Qodk3HSrQ

richcc
    Free Member

PePPeR is making me doubt myself now but pretty sure the Makita linked to above is same as mine and it has hammer function. (Though that’s not stated in the advert)

PePPeR

Dunno but that linky doesn’t seem to work anymore but the drill I have is this one

Black & Decker Cordless Hammer Drill HP188F3B 18V,

its the best drill I’ve ever used, the batteries just go on and on.

rbelcher
    Free Member

I did some research on this for a site on cordless drills.

Makita makes a hammer drill which is the BHP454. They also make an 18v drill which does not hammer, the BDF452HW. They also make an impact drill.

The impact and hammer drills are heavier and more expensive, so you have to decide whether you need those functions.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I would avoid Crap & Decker and DeWalt myself – they are both utter pants and overpriced. Go Bosch… Makita are good too – I use a big battery SDS one of theirs which just works great (unless you drop it).

Think I have killed 3 or 4 DeWalts in the last couple of years.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘best cordless drill deals?’ is closed to new replies.