Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best contents insurance for bike cover
  • monthebiffy
    Free Member

I’m looking for a decent home contents insurance provider that’ll cover the few bikes that i have in the garage, and when i take them out and about. Also cover for when I take them abroad would be useful.

Any recommendations?

bigyinn
    Free Member

M&S for me! Dont have declare any specific item up to the value of about £4k. Also have cover away from home included. Mines about £19 pm.

monthebiffy
    Free Member

What if something’s worth more than £4k?

FuzzyWuzzy

You’d need to declare it and the premium would likely be a bit higher. I would have thought most/all contents insurers have a max unlisted item limit or specific terms around certain objects like jewellery or bikes.

monthebiffy
    Free Member

When you declare something do you have to be specific with components, forks, shock etc. or does just having a ‘bike’ declared mean it’s covered up to that value?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Bikes covered in and out of house for up to £3k. Doesn’t quite cover one bike, but it’s a cracking deal for the money otherwise with Lloyds.

IamSam
    Free Member

co-op here three bikes stored outside to the value of about £5000, also covered outside of the house including in the back of the van. Can’t remember the premium but it was alot less than we used to pay think its about 30 a month???

foxyrider
    Free Member

Greenbee for me 🙂

ebygomm
    Free Member

Any other recommendations?

Greenbee only seem to cover bikes up to 1000 quid away from home without specifying them separately.

We’re with M&S at the moment but policy has gone up by 50%. I’ve tried as a new customer but because we had a claim last year (locks changed after theft) that quote is higher than our renewal. Our renewal lists us as having No Claims Discount Protection of 3 years but I can’t find any option to input that on the M&S site or anywhere else.

It probably wasn’t even worth claiming after the 100 excess, as I reckon the policy has gone up by more than they would have paid out. I hate insurance companies.

monthebiffy
    Free Member

I’ve been looking around on the compare websites, and AA came out cheapest through one of their brokers. Spoke to them in person and specified all my bikes separately. So they’re all covered for what they’re worth.

They seem quite good. Still got some searching to do though before a plump for one.

Never sure what insurance companies will pay out for though? Anyone one had any troubles getting what they’re owned?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

M&S for me.Very good price,You need to specify an item if over £4000.

oxnop
    Free Member

What if something’s worth more than £4k?

I called M&S to specify a bike yesterday.

We had 4 bikes covered as standard through the premium version of the policy. I called yesterday to confirm my bike would be covered whilst MTB’ing in Sierra Nevada – they said yes but due to the value of one of the bikes(over £4k – id forgot to specify originally) im now paying £40pm rather than £28.

Not bothered about the cost TBH, I know they offer great cover and tend not to mess about when you claim (my mate had over £15K paid out recently when his bikes were stolen)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best contents insurance for bike cover’ is closed to new replies.