Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • best commuter tyre
  • aw
    Free Member

i have used pro evo 4s before and have had gator skins but what is the best commuting tyre for a road bike?

I am fed up getting punctures!

prawny

I’ve got a Durano plus on the back of mine, it’s done maybe 4000 miles with no issues so far. Getting a bit square now, will probably get another one this month or next.

jonba
    Free Member

schwalbe marathon plus for puncture resistance. They simply powderise glass, metal and thorns under their immense weight. They are so rigid if you do get a flat you probably wouldn’t notice and still be able to ride.

I ran a set for three years without a puncture. Wore them down to the carcass. Lots of compromises though.

aw
    Free Member

Not really looking for a bulletproof heavy tyre but something with puncture resistance but still rolls well and not too weighty.

I saw on planet X the Vittoria range and the Corsa CX III look good

brooess
    Free Member

Not sure if they’re the best but I’ve had Rubino Open Pro and they’ve been pretty good. Cut up easily but they didn’t seem to puncture. Also, Conti Grand Prix GT – really supple, grippy and comfortable, had some for 2+ years in London and don’t think I got any punctures. I now have Conti 4 seasons and they’re ok.

I also have Stans in my tubes to ward off punctures

marvincooper

I run Vittoria Randonneurs, done thousands of miles with no flats. Bit heavy, but not that bad and cheap too: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-randonneur-ii-tyre/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360206315&kpid=5360206315&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=UK_PLA_Components&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|sjvbCt2yl_dc|pcrid|71714705102|pkw||pmt||prd|5360206315uk

simondbarnes

Specialized all condition armadillo work really well for me. They grip better, roll better and are more puncture resistant than something like a gatorskin.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘best commuter tyre’ is closed to new replies.