Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best closed back headphones for sub-£100
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Got some Xmas Amazon vouchers burning a hole in my pocket, so think I am going to get a half decent set of headphones.

According to the internet the best bet is either the Audio Technica AH-50X, or AKG Y50.

Would rather spend near the £50 mark, but can go up to £100 if worth it. Source audio will be flac and 320 kbps mp3, so I am aware audiophile heaven does not await me. Just a decent set of well built cans maybe.

Thoughts?

Bear
    Free Member

Not sure the if the P3 from B&W are the sort of thing you want but they are on offer at £100 at the moment. I liked the sound and the fact they are light and very comfortable.

roach

Sennheiser HD25

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rt60

Sennheiser HD 380 pro. They are about £80 if you shop around and I got a pair after it seemed like almost every sound engineer we worked with, across all music genres, used them as their touring headphones.

Not the most attractive set of headphones but great sound for the money and a solid build.

grahamt1980

The audio technica are fantastic headphones.
    I bought some after reading the reviews and love them. Amazing sound, but hardly a surprise as they are monitor headphones

seadog101

I have some Audio Technica Over the ear type noise cancelling ones. Really comfy, much nicer then my previous Sony ones of similar design.

dannybgoode

Look at the Marley range. Surprisingly good.

There must be some decent Ann’s at that price too…

speed12
    Free Member

The M50x’s have had only good reviews – that would be my choice definitely.

piemonster

I have those AKG Y-50s and really like them.

Nothing to compare them against unfortunately so can’t rate them as better or worse than any others.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best closed back headphones for sub-£100’ is closed to new replies.