Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best chip shop in Rossendale valley and surroundings?
  • geoffj

I’ve been told one in Ramsbottom is OK.
    Any other recommendations?
    Ta

binners

Rammy? Do you mean Taylors? Its very good! Proper chips cooked in beef dripping. That place is a license to print money at the weekend. Its always rammed!

There’s another place called the Fish and Chip Co. on Bolton Road that hasn’t been open long. I’ve not tried it myself yet, but its meant to be excellent too!

geoffj

Taylor’s is the place – not sure about the beef dripping though 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Its the best way to cook ‘proper’ chips!

geoffj

I know, but when your an awkward bastard on a fad diet healthy eating drive, sunflower oil is preferable 👿

cheekyboy
    Free Member

geoffj – Member
    I know, but when your an awkward bastard on a fad diet healthy eating drive, sunflower oil is preferable

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO #

Theres very little point in going to a chippy then Geoff ! A bit of beef dripping wont hurt unless of course you’re one of them southerners , fifty good burpees will mitigate the beef dripping !

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

The one on Stubbins brow is good .Thesres a nice one on Deardengate in Haslingdon.

geoffj

Theres very little point in going to a chippy then Geoff !

I know 😥 but there’s others to feed, and it seemed like a compromise was possible.

*considers posting a what baked tattie shop? thread……

binners

Tell me more about this fad diet healthy eating drive that features visits to chippies. I think I may have finally found a healthy lifestyle choice I can stick too 😀

geoffj

Binners – I’ve gone pescatarian (vegquarian if you like). Vegan + fish. If its good enough for Susanna Reid!

binners

In that case, sod the chippy! You want to get yourself to The Major in Rammy. Stu, the landlord makes the best Lancashire cheese and onion pie in the known universe!!!

All the food there is bloody gorgeous, but the pies are outstanding!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The Edenfield Chippy might be just what you need on a fad diet.

Chips are cooked in veg oil, so are lower fat. Meat pies are Cissy Greens, so are the best in the business.

Owner is a grumpy mare though.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Ilex Mill chippy in Rawtenstall is good

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best chip shop in Rossendale valley and surroundings?’ is closed to new replies.