Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best Cheap Full Face Helmet
  • eviljim
    Free Member

I am after a full face helmet, but i have very little money. anyone got any suggestions.

Jim

eviljim
    Free Member

kimbers

decathlon do a pretty good loking full face for 20 or 30 quid

i can atest to the bombproofness of it too!

steeble
    Free Member

Wait for edinburgh bike sale if theres one near you. I got this years giro remedy for £50 in the last one. Failing that have a look on CRC they had great deals on old 661 helmets last time I looked. I got one of their moto x helmets as my first DH helmet for £40

MrAgreeable

The one that fits you the best! Bell Bellistic here, fifty quid and decent enough for the money.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I had this one I got it for £45 its pretty good but the chin guard is a bit on the close side so you need to yank it off as soon as you stop or it gets very hot. The other problem is that it has a double D thingy which is a bit too fiddly for me.

I have since sold that to my brother for £40 and brought one of these in Cedric Gracia colours it is lighter bigger and according to the certifications stronger. I like it a lot. I got mine for £60 so if you shop around you should be able to get a standard colour one for quite cheap.

mikey74
    Free Member

Don't waste your time with cheap ones. Remember that the helmet could potentially save your life and is something you do not want to scrimp on. Having just come back from Whistler and talking to guys who have had nasty crashes, the unwaivering advice was get a decent one, as the cheaper ones, although they may pass all the relevant standards, may not offer the same level of protection as the better ones, and is it something you really want to risk?

With that in mind, I can recommend the Giro Remedy as a decent cost versus protection purchase. To be honest, this is the cheapest one I would, and have been advised similarly, to go for.

ojom
    Free Member

POC Cortex Flow

Not cheap but neither is a new head.

FuzzyWuzzy

CRC have quite a few reduced to around the £50 mark, no clue what they're like though. I'd also say you need to try them on for fit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best Cheap Full Face Helmet’ is closed to new replies.