Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best cheap semi slicks
  • waller
    Free Member

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any semi slicks? I’m recovering from a hernia and will be doing the London to Brighton off road ride in four weeks time. Looks to be a fair amount of road and also wide flat hardpack.

I want to make things as easy as possible. Currently riding Schwalbe Nobby Nics on my Santa Cruz.

If anyone has any recommendations it would be great to hear from you.

Many thanks!

takisawa2

Smallblock8’s roll well, but something with a continuous centre section would be my recomendation. If your sure its flat enough then I’d even wager a proper commuter / road tyre could work. I’ve done a few fire roads on my Ute, with Conty City Contact’s (I think they are), & there was more grip than expected.

waller
    Free Member

Cool. Thanks for that. I do have some old maxxis semi slicks so might bung one on the rear and see what happens. 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

smart sams or conti traffics roll well.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Schwalbe land cruisers. Nothing else comes close for what you describe. 14 quid each from Wiggle. Watch your mates squirm as they try to keep up on their small block 8’s.

andycs

Schwalbe CX Cross, cheap and tough from CRC.

cynic-al
    Free Member

land cruisers weigh a ton! cheap heavy carcass too!

SB8s feel fast, dunno about cheap.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

WTB Nanoraptors. Light, good effective centre line, can be pumped to decent PSI, and predictable grip when you lean off it. My dry Chilterns tyre of choice, would be great for a long hardpack ride. Cons: thin sidewalls. I tend to put a bit of gaffer tape around my seatpost to reinforce any small cuts

ormondroyd
    Free Member
    gribble
    Free Member

Maxxis Wormdrive. Remember them being cheapish for 1.9 semi slick, even used them off road properly.

parkesie
    Free Member

Landcruisers maybe the lightest but they roll fast over most surfaces good cornering grip and high puncture resistance.

zippykona

Count me in on the cx pros. Excellent tyres I have them on my commuter fast rolling but superb in the mud.

PaulD
    Free Member

Schwalbe Fast / Furious Freds….brilliant fast rollers on road and hardpack…bit dodgy in the mud.

Just not cheap….but then again, nothing is from Schwalbe.

PaulD

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Panaracer mach ss, good off road and good rolling resistance

alfabus
    Free Member

schwalbe sammy slicks 🙂

waller
    Free Member

Went for continental double fighter for the rear only in the end. Will pair it with either my holly roller or the nobby nic up front.

Cheers 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

+1 for Maxxis Wormdrive

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best cheap semi slicks’ is closed to new replies.